December 2019 Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Engineered Solutions: Sustainability in Practice
By Amy M. Patt
- A Cool-Looking Chiller: New Core Infrastructure at UMass Amherst Is Sustainable, Educational and Beautiful
By Angus W. Stocking
- Distributed Water Management Marks A New Way Forward
By Riggs Eckelberry
- How Steel Deck Is Shaking Up Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design
By Thomas Sputo, Ph.D., P.E., SE, SECB
- PDH: Predicting Performance in Articulating Concrete Blocks: Block Geometry
By Matthew Stovall, P.E., and Daniel Priest, P.E.
- PDH: Helical Piles: Best-by-Test Foundation Solution for Traffic Signs, Bollards, Emergency Call Boxes and Airport Taxiway Lights
By Darin Willis, P.E., and Justin Presley
- From the Editor: Is the ‘Scary Season’ Over or Just Beginning?
By Robert Schickel, P.E.
- Reengineering The Engineer: Not ‘My’ Job? Engineers Don’t Have that Luxury
By Douglas G. Fitzpatrick, P.E.
- Executive Corner: What Is Your Ownership Strategy?
By Michael S. O’Brien
- Thoughts from Engineers: Spinning Gold: Desalination Steps in to Alleviate World’s Water Crisis
By Chris Maeder, M.S., P.E., CFM
- Infrastructure Outlook: Analytics Must Drive Next-Generation Infrastructure
By Ramayya Krishnan
- Code Update: EC-017: The Evaluation Criteria for Field-Applied Fire-Protective Coatings
By Brian Gerber, P.E.
- Specification Section: Concrete Products and Design Software for Buildings, Roads and Bridges
- Change Leader: Babak Beheshti