2019 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards – Call for Entries Now Open/Judges Confirmed
Chicago, IL: The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) is pleased to announce that entries are now being accepted for the 2019 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. This illustrious design competition takes place each year to recognize excellence in structural engineering, and we are delighted to have confirmed such a distinguished panel of judges, representing six vital areas of the built world, for the 2019 project submissions.
The finalists selected by the SEAOI Board of Directors will present their projects at our May Dinner Meeting on Tuesday May 7, 2019 in Chicago. The winners in each category will be selected by the Judges listed below, and announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 22, 2019.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Juror’s Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
- Best Bridge/Transportation Project
- Best Industrial /Utility Project
- Best Renovation/Retrofit/ Preservation Project
- Best Project—over $150 million
- Best Project—$50 million up to $150 million
- Best Project—$10 million up to $50 million
- Best Project—up to $10 million
- Lavicka Award—Small Firm/Small Project
- Best Neighboring State Project—designer located in a state neighboring Illinois
2019 Judges are:
- Mike Pfeffer, Vice President of Architecture at Related Midwest, LLC representing Construction/Development
- Kevin Carmody, Group Publisher at V1 Media/Informed Infrastructure Magazine representing Media
- Rebekah Scheinfeld, Commissioner of Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) representing Government
- Robert Forest, FAIA, RIBA, OAA, Partner at Adrian Smith Gordon Gill Architecture representing Architecture
- Gianluca Cusatis, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Northwestern University representing Academia
- Danielle Kleinhans, PhD, PE, FACI, President/CEO at Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute representing Structural Engineering
Entries must be received by SEAOI by Monday March 25, 2019. For more information about the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, please visit www.SEAOI.org.
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois ((SEAOI) was founded in 1965 by practicing structural engineers to advance and advocate excellence in structural engineering and to aid in safeguarding the lives and property of the public. SEAOI’s Mission is to champion excellence for its members in the practice of Structural Engineering. SEAOI contributes to the expansion of the art and science of structural engineering by offering education, outreach and networking opportunities to members and the public living and working in Illinois.