Registration Now Open for 2023’s Premier Structural Steel Education Event
CHICAGO – NASCC: The Steel Conference is heading to Charlotte, N.C., April 12 to 14– and registration is now open.
Register today to get the best price on the industry’s top education event, featuring 200 sessions full of must-have practical information that you can implement as soon as you get home, an exhibit hall packed with more than 250 innovations you need to know about right now, and a chance to network with thousands of the world’s best designers, fabricators, erectors, and other steel fans.
Why the Steel Conference?
Rather than issue a general call for papers, we talk to experts to find out what’s important now and what’s on the horizon. We compile a list of things that you need to know to stay at the forefront of designing and building with steel. Then we reach out to the innovators who are changing the world and issue invitations to speak.
That’s what sets it apart as the must-attend educational event of the year. We focus on giving you actionable information you can put into practice right away.
This year’s agenda
These are just a few of the things you’ll learn at this year’s Steel Conference—while earning up to 17 PDHs!
- How designers can cut the carbon footprint of a structural system
- How to save time and money on steel bridge fabrication by using a single coat of inorganic zinc primer as a corrosion protection system
- What you need to know about welding ASTM A913 steel, whether you’re specifying it or doing it yourself
- How to analyze unbalanced loads on steel deck
- What fabricators wish engineers knew about hollow structural sections (HSS)
- How to avoid common mistakes as a new connection designer
- Must-know fundamentals about torsion design, including a new strength-design approach
- How to tackle coordination issues with roof and floor penetrations
- How the team behind a largely exposed AESS structural system handled fire engineering–and why it may not need to be fireproofed
- How good detailing can make–not break–your project
- And much, much more.
The Steel Conference incorporates six specialty conferences: the World Steel Bridge Symposium, QualityCon, Architecture in Steel, SafetyCon, the SSRC Annual Stability Conference, and the NISD Conference on Steel Detailing. See aisc.org/nascc for details about what those conferences have to offer this year!
The Steel Conference takes place in Charlotte, N.C., April 12 to 14. Registration starts at $405 for members–and the price increases each week, so hurry! You’ll also want to book early to take advantage of special rates at local hotels.
We offer special rates for multiple registrants from the same firm, recent graduates, educators, and public agency employees. Student members can attend the Steel Conference for free and may be eligible for help with travel costs. Press registration is complimentary.
About the American Institute of Steel Construction
The American Institute of Steel Construction, headquartered in Chicago, is a non-partisan, not-for-profit technical institute and trade association established in 1921 to serve the structural steel design community and construction industry. AISC’s mission is to make structural steel the material of choice by being the leader in structural steel-related technical and market-building activities, including specification and code development, research, education, technical assistance, quality certification, standardization, market development, and advocacy. AISC has a long tradition of service to the steel construction industry of providing timely and reliable information.