Commercial UAV Expo Kicks Off With Outdoor Flying Demonstrations; Vendor and Association Workshops: Product Previews and a Welcome Happy Hour
Commercial UAV Expo, in coordination with the Nevada Institute of Autonomous Systems (NIAS), hosted “Beyond the Cage” at Henderson Unmanned Vehicle Range (HUVR) where hundreds of attendees watched drone demonstrations by Aerovironment, Autel Robotics, C-ASTRAL, Intel and Topcon.
LAS VEGAS, NV – 2,000 commercial drone professionals from across the country and around the world are gathering this week at the Westgate Hotel in Las Vegas for the 4th annual Commercial UAV Expo Americas. This world-class event is bringing together top professionals from seven vertical industries, more exhibitors than any other commercial drone event in North America, and unparalleled educational programming and speakers. Full event information can be found here. Below are highlights from the opening day of the event.
The Exhibit Floor, featuring 225 booths of best-in-class UAS solutions from the world’s top vendors, including 60 new exhibitors, opened with a Welcome Happy Hour. The Exhibit Hall will be open on Tuesday from 10 am – 5 pm.
30 exhibiting companies presented product previews to attendees who learned about the newest supplier advances and best practices for specifying, planning and executing projects .
#expoUAV18 – Tag It. Post It. Share It.
Highlights for Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- MicaSense Press Breakfast (8:00 am – Room 9) – Join Justin McAllister, CTO/Co-Founder, and Eric Waters, General Manager of MicaSense as they unveil the details of a new suite of sensors that will redefine agricultural drone imaging. RSVP to Alyssa Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keynotes (9:00 – 10:30 am) Lisa Ellman of Commercial Drone Alliance and Hogan Lovells will sit down for an interview with Michael Kratsios, Deputy Assistant to the President and the Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer at the White House for the White House commercial UAS perspective. Afterwards, Gretchen West of Commercial Drone Alliance and Hogan Lovells will sit down for an interview with Earl Lawrence, Executive Director of the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for the FAA perspective. Gretchen will then engage a panel of top executives from BP, CNN, AES Corporation and Southern Company about recent progress in UAS and other key topics.
- Exhibit Floor Open (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) featuring 200 booths of best-in-class UAS solutions from the world’s top vendors
- Vertical Deep Dive Sessions (1:30 – 4:30) These workshops will be led by subject matter experts who will provide insight in the following vertical industries: Drone Industry Visionaries; Precision Agriculture; DOTs & Infrastructure; Process & Power; and Surveying & Mapping.
- Plenary Sessions (5:00 – 5:45 pm) Focused on What the Sky will look like in the Future, and Powering Drones
- Poolside Connect & Happy Hour (6:00 – 8:00 pm Westgate Resort & Casino Pool) Sponsored by Trimble and Applanix. The fee for this event is $35; registration is required and may be added by calling the registration center at 1-774-247-4002.
About Commercial UAV Expo Americas
Commercial UAV Expo Americas, presented by Commercial UAV News, is a conference and exhibition exclusively focused on the commercial drone market covering industries including Surveying & Mapping; Civil Infrastructure; Aggregates & Mining; Construction; Process, Power & Utilities; Precision Agriculture; Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and Search & Rescue (SAR). The fourth annual Americas event is taking place October 1-3, 2018 in Las Vegas. Commercial UAV Expo Europe launched in Brussels in June 2017 and will take place in Amsterdam 8-10 April 2019. For more information, visit www.expouav.com and www.expouav.com/europeor email email@example.com.
The events are organized Diversified Communications, a leading organizer of conferences, trade shows and online media with 15 years in the geospatial arena, including Commercial UAV Expo Americas, Commercial UAV Europe, Commercial UAV News, SPAR 3D Expo & Conference, SPAR3D.com, AECNext Technology Expo & Conference, AEC Next News and International LiDAR Mapping Forum. www.divcom.com