Autodesk’s Infrastructure Design Suite Enhances Model Intelligence
Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2015 is a comprehensive Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Infrastructure software solution that combines intelligent, model-based tools to help users gain more accurate, accessible, and actionable insight throughout the project execution and lifecycle of transportation, land, and water projects. With unique access to the Autodesk portfolio—both on the desktop and in the cloud—users can benefit from a comprehensive industry-specific toolset that enables workflows not possible with individual products alone, and more economical and convenient access.
Three editions of Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2015 are available to support BIM workflow needs for infrastructure projects. Each offers an economical and convenient package that can help users do more, achieve better results faster, and collaborate more effectively. A variety of perpetual and pay-as-you-go licensing options are available for each edition.
Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Standard 2015 – Infrastructure software that offers foundational planning, design, and coordination capabilities. The Standard edition includes: Autodesk AutoCAD 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2015, Autodesk Storm and Sanitary Analysis 2015, Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2015, Autodesk ReCap 2015. Autodesk 360 cloud storage and collaboration services are available to users who purchase an Autodesk Maintenance or Desktop Subscription
Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2015 – A comprehensive solution providing model-based civil, structural and utility design, analysis, and visualization capabilities. The Premium edition includes all of the products and cloud capabilities in the Standard edition and adds: Autodesk InfraWorks 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD Utility Design 2015, Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2015, Autodesk Revit Structure 2015 software. The Autodesk Bridge Module, Autodesk Geotechnical Module, Autodesk Rail Layout Module and additional Autodesk 360 cloud services, including Rendering, Structural Analysis for Autodesk Revit, and Autodesk Green Building Studio are available to users who purchase an Autodesk Maintenance or Desktop Subscription.
Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2015 – An advanced solution with specialized tools for architectural design, MEP engineering, and structural engineering. The Ultimate edition includes all of the products and cloud capabilities in the Premium edition and adds: Autodesk Revit 2015, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2015, Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2015 (instead of Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2015). The Autodesk River and Flood Analysis Module is also available with Maintenance or Desktop Subscription.
An easy-to-read comparison chart showing which software products are included in each Suite edition is available online.
Enhancements to Software in the Suite
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 –Civil engineering design and documentation software that supports Building Information Modeling (BIM) workflows. With a focus on optimizing transportation design workflows, Civil 3D 2015 offers improved usability and greater efficiency during corridor modeling, profile layout and production drafting. Additionally, project teams can help improve collaboration with enhanced data exchange capabilities for DGN and KML, and the ability to open and edit AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 drawings in certain prior versions of Civil 3D.
- Autodesk InfraWorks 2015– Offers foundational sketching and modeling capabilities for creating 3D models of the existing environment and generating data-rich design concepts. With a new, more intuitive user interface to help speed workflows, the tools users need are readily accessible and they no longer need to change toolbars. Users can save more time with contextual on-canvas access to the design details they need, when they need them. Other enhancements include support for additional data formats including AutoCAD 3D DWG, AutoCAD Civil 3D DWG, 3D DGN, IFC, and Sketchup (SKP). Additionally, CityGML import now supports schema location, building asset mapping, and self-intersecting geometry.
- Autodesk ReCap 2015– Software to capture and integrate 3D reality data from laser scans and photos directly into your design process. For 2015 suites, ReCap for laser scan workflows includes new capabilities for visualizing, sharing and taking real world measurements from scans in the cloud.
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 – One of the world’s leading CAD applications. Enhancements include an updated modern interface that helps improve the design process, and productivity enhancements to help speed workflow. Quickly open new and existing drawings with New Tab, visually access drawing content with Ribbon Galleries, and easily find tool locations with new Help Window functionality.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 – Model-based infrastructure planning and management software, providing broad access to CAD and GIS data. In addition to AutoCAD platform enhancements, new and improved functionality includes an updated interface and workflow improvements that help simplify planning, mapping and management tasks; enhanced database support for Oracle, Postgres/PostGIS, and SQL Server; and revised Geographic Location functionality including a new capability to capture and embed Online Map Data (e.g., aerial map information) for offline viewing and plotting.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2015 – Raster Design is a raster editing and raster-to-vector conversion tool that helps users better utilize scanned paper drawings, maps, satellite images, aerial photos, and similar data.
- Autodesk AutoCAD Utility Design 2015 – Model-based electrical distribution design software. Enhancements include extended configurability of rules for styles, validation, and analysis; improved design and GIS data exchange, and enhancements for design layout, multi-planar pulling tension, and material ordering.
- Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2015 – Software that provides comprehensive project review, 5D analysis and communication capabilities that assist users in demonstrating design intent and simulating construction. Enhancements include the ability to perform integrated 2D & 3D quantifications, produce quicker and higher quality renderings by connecting with Autodesk 360, and improved control over point clouds. In addition, one button access to the Autodesk BIM 360 Glue cloud service helps provide the ability to collaborate and communicate model information more quickly to stakeholders in real time.
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2015 – Offers the same enhancements as found in Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2015 and adds enhanced clash detection capabilities to help reduce the time it takes to better manage and resolve project conflicts.
- Autodesk Revit Structure 2015 – A Building Information Modeling-based tool for 3D modeling of structural components. The 2015 release provides more rebar options when modeling and documenting concrete reinforcement.
- Autodesk Revit 2015 – A single application that includes features for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering and construction. The 2015 release supports continued productivity and higher quality design with feature enhancements that increase user control and efficiency.
- Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2015 – A tool to help designers create more convincing visualizations. Enhancements include the capability to import and visualize point cloud datasets and participate in a connected reality capture workflow with certain other Autodesk products.
- Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Pro 2015 – Advanced structural analysis tools to investigate linear and nonlinear behavior in large, complex structures.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, AutoCAD, BIM 360, Civil 3D, DWG, Glue, Green Building Studio, InfraWorks, Navisworks, ReCap, Revit, Robot and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.