Hydrogen: De Gaulle Fleurance advised VINCI Concessions within the context of a strategic partnership with Hype
Hype develops and operates the first hydrogen mobility platform that simultaneously integrates supply and production, distribution, and usage. The company operates the world’s largest fleet of hydrogen taxis.
VINCI Concessions, a global player in transport infrastructure development and management, has announced the completion of a €15 million investment in Hype, the developer behind France’s first integrated hydrogen mobility platform and an operator of a large hydrogen taxi fleet. Alongside this investment, VINCI Concessions and Hype have entered into a strategic partnership to accelerate the deployment of hydrogen mobility infrastructure in France and around the world.
As part of this partnership, Hype will task VINCI Energies with building new hydrogen production and distribution infrastructure in the Greater Paris area. In total, 26 refuelling are expected to open for public use in the next three years. 20 of them will have a 1 ton/day refuelling capacity.
Moreover, VINCI Concessions will leverage their resources to help Hype deploy its network of stations in other regions across France and further afield, including by drawing on VINCI Energies’ expertise in hydrogen.
De Gaulle Fleurance assisted VINCI Concessions in the context of this strategic partnership, on the transactional aspects (Sylvie Perrin, Partner, David Faravelon, senior counsel, and Anne Kuhanathan, lawyer), contractual aspects (Lionel Attal, senior counsel) and regulatory aspects (Sophie Weill, senior counsel, and Jean-Philippe Minaud, lawyer).
“We are pleased to have assisted VINCI Concessions in this strategic partnership, which will contribute fully to the global implementation of green hydrogen», explain Sylvie Perrin, Lionel Attal, and David Faravelon. « This partnership once again enables VINCI Concessions, a leading industrial investor, to support an innovative start-up to make mobility ever more sustainable and efficient.”
VINCI Concessions’ advisors : De Gaulle Fleurance
Hype’s advisors – Bird & Bird
De Gaulle Fleurance is an integrated group of lawyers and notaries. It supports its clients in France and abroad with:
- 200 people at the service of clients and a relationship built on high standards, responsiveness and creativity;
- A full-service practice in all segments of business and notary law;
- Expertise recognized by the market (Chambers, The Legal 500, Best Lawyers and Leaders League);
- A presence in Paris, Brussels, and Abu Dhabi;
- 18 languages spoken (Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, Danish, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish, Turkish and Wolof);
- A network of correspondents, selected for the quality of their services, on all continents.
 In the form of instruments providing access to capital, alongside Hype’s other strategic partners HRS and McPhy