DFI Educational Trust Awards 15 Scholarships to Students Pursuing Careers in Deep Foundations
Hawthorne, N.J.: Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust, the charitable arm of DFI, recently awarded 15 scholarships totaling $50,000 to students pursuing careers in civil and geotechnical engineering.
The DFI Educational Trust manages 19 scholarship programs funded by endowments, donations and fundraising events. Since 2006, the Trust has awarded $1.9 million in scholarships to at least 500 students studying at colleges and universities across the United States and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Following are the recent scholarship recipients.
- Daniel Goldstein Fridman, graduate student, is the recipient of the Bernard F. Langan Scholarship at Purdue University.
- Meg Fernandez, junior, received the Donald J. Murphy Memorial Scholarship at NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
- Elliot Molina, graduate student, received the Donald J. Murphy Memorial Scholarship at NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
- Matias Frediani, graduate student, was awarded the George P. Kelley Memorial Scholarship at Drexel University.
Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund ($4,000 each)
- James Wagner, senior, University of Toronto
- Reid Brackenbury, junior, Western University, Ontario
- Dylan Neves, senior, Queen’s University, Ontario
Penn State Scholarship Fund ($2,500)
- Matthew Hallisey, senior
- Negein Immen, freshman
- Roger Newman, junior
- Sophia Edwards, sophmore
- Adara Getsy, senior
- Jake Graff, junior
Charles J. Berkel Memorial Scholarship ($1,500 each)
- Shenoah Williams, junior, NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Jane Truong, senior, Drexel University
Donations to the DFI Educational Trust scholarship funds can be made online at www.dfitrust.org.
About the DFI Educational Trust
The Deep Foundations Institute Educational Trust (www.dfitrust.org) is an independent, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization established in 2006 by the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) as its charitable arm. The mission of the Trust is to support and encourage individuals in the fields of study related to the deep foundation industry by providing scholarships and opportunities to meet and work with deep foundation industry leaders.
About the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI)
DFI (www.dfi.org) is an international association of contractors, engineers, suppliers, manufacturers, academics and owners in the deep foundations industry. Our multidisciplinary membership creates a consensus voice and a common vision for continual improvement in the planning, design and construction of deep foundations and excavations. We bring together members for networking, education, communication and collaboration. With our members, we promote the advancement of the deep foundations industry through technical committees, educational programs and conferences, publications, research, government relations and outreach. DFI has more than 4,000 members worldwide.
Contact: Emilio S. Fandino, Trust Administrator, +1 (973) 423-4030, firstname.lastname@example.org.