Global Power Industry Tenders in Q2 2019: Wind Technology Down 39%
Wind technology tenders activity in Q2 2019 saw 37 tenders announced, marking a drop of 39% over the last four-quarter average of 61, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
Onshore was the top category in wind technology in terms of number of tenders for the quarter, accounting for 23 tenders and an 88.5% share, followed by Offshore with two tenders and a 7.7% share. Onshore Repowered stood in third place with one tender and a 3.8% share.
Looking at global power tenders activity divided by the type of technology, wind held the fourth position in terms of number of tenders during Q2 2019 with a 3% share.
The proportion of tenders by category in the Wind technology tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Power Purchase Agreement: ten tenders and a 27% share
- Project Implementation: eight tenders and a 21.6% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: six tenders and a 16.2% share
- Supply & Erection: six tenders and a 16.2% share
- Electricity Supply: four tenders and a 10.8% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: three tenders and an 8.1% share.
Europe leads wind tenders activity in Q2 2019
Comparing tenders activity in wind technology in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position with 15 tenders and a share of 40.5% during Q2 2019, followed by North America with 13 tenders and a 35.1% share and Asia-Pacific with seven tenders and an 18.9% share.
In fourth place was Middle East and Africa with two tenders and a 5.4% share.
Wind technology tenders in Q2 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders in Wind technology for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Kuwait Authority for Partnership Projects (Kuwait): 2,000MW from one tender
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 1,800MW from one tender
- Nantucket Electric (United States), NSTAR Electric (United States) and Fitchburg Gas and Electric Light (United States): 800MW capacity from one tender.
4,000 of the world’s largest companies, including over 70% of FTSE 100 and 60% of Fortune 100 companies, make more timely and better business decisions thanks to GlobalData’s unique data, expert analysis, and innovative solutions, all in one platform. GlobalData’s mission is to help our clients decode the future to be more successful and innovative across a range of industries, including the healthcare, consumer, retail, technology, energy, financial and professional services sectors