2019 SEAOI Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards Finalists Announced
Chicago, IL: The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) is pleased to announce the projects that have been selected as finalists in the 2019 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. This illustrious design competition takes place each year to recognize excellence in structural engineering.
The projects selected are:
- 41st Street Steel Arch Pedestrian Bridge, AECOM
- 905 W Fulton, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers
- Brother James Gaffney, FSC, Student Center, Wight & Company
- C.H. Robinson Midwest Headquarters, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Chicago Union Station Great Hall Restoration, Klein and Hoffman, Inc.
- Circa, Cary Kopczynski & Company
- Dale Gardner Veterans Memorial Bridge, Parsons
- Glenstone II Art Museum, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Hotel Julian, TGRWA
- I-240 MemFix4 CMGC, Alfred Benesch & Company
- Kinematic Sculpture; Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Lake Shore Drive Residence, The Structural Group
- Mackinac Bridge Paint Platforms, Ruby + Associates
- Manhattan Loft Gardens, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- One Bennett Park, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Rufus 2.0 Spheres, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Theater on the Lake, Clark T Baurer Structural Engineering
- Trumpf Inc. Smart Factory, IMEG Corp.
- Wrigley Field Renovation, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
“We had an unprecedented number of project submissions this year, and selecting the finalists was very difficult. The quality and diversity of projects submitted this year for the SEAOI Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, is exceptional,” David Nickell, President of SEAOI, commented. “Our panel of judges certainly has their work cut out for them, and we’re looking forward to seeing the finalists present on their projects at the May Dinner Meeting. I encourage everyone interested in structural engineering to attend this incredible event.”
The finalists selected by the SEAOI Board of Directors will present their projects at the May Dinner Meeting on May 7, 2019, and the winners in each category will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 22, 2019.
For more information about the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, and to register for the May Dinner Meeting to see the finalists present, please visit www.SEAOI.org.
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) was founded in 1965 by practicing structural engineers to advance and advocate excellence in structural engineering and to aid in safeguarding the lives and property of the public. SEAOI’s Mission is to champion excellence for its members in the practice of Structural Engineering. SEAOI contributes to the expansion of the art and science of structural engineering by offering education, outreach and networking opportunities to members and the public living and working in Illinois.