AASHTO Highlights New ‘Green Book’ Edition, PE Exam Kit at TRB Annual Meeting
At the 2019 Transportation Research Board’s annual meeting, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials highlighted two key resources available via its publication division: the 7th edition of its “Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets” manual, commonly referred to as the “Green Book,” and its Professional Engineer or PE Exam Kit.
AASHTO said the latest edition of the “Green Book” presents an updated framework for geometric design that is more flexible, multimodal, and performance-based than in the past – providing guidance to engineers and designers who strive to make unique design solutions that meet the needs of all highway and street users on a project-by-project basis.
AASHTO noted that several of its publications are considered “preparation materials” for the PE exam, which are included in its kit:
- A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (The “Green Book”), PE Exam Edition (Item Code: GDHS-PE)
- Roadside Design Guide, PE Exam Edition (Item Code: RSDG-PE)
- Guide for the Planning, Design, and Operation of Pedestrian Facilities, PE Exam Edition (Item Code: GPF-PE)
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, PE Exam Edition (Item Code: MUTCD-PE)
- Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design Guide, PE Exam Edition (Item Code: MEPDG-PE)
- Guide for Design of Pavement Structures, PE Exam Edition (Item Code: GDPS-PE)
- Highway Safety Manual, PE Exam Edition (Item Code: HSM-PE)
The organization added that it offers an academic discount for U.S. faculty and students for its exam kits and other resources.