Simpson Strong-Tie Year in Review Top Construction Product Innovations
Pleasanton, Calif. — Simpson Strong-Tie, the leader in engineered structural connectors and building solutions, today released a Year in Review look back at the company’s top product innovations for 2018. Engineered to enhance jobsite efficiency and to alleviate design and installation challenges, Simpson Strong-Tie products released in 2018 ranged from cold-formed steel seismic connectors to epoxy anchoring adhesives to auto-feed screw driving tools for decking contractors.
In September, Simpson Strong-Tie was recognized by Pro Tool Innovation Awards for its commitment to product improvement and innovation, receiving acclaim in the specialty drill bits category for the Deck-Drive™ DCU screw plug solution and in the drill/driver attachments category for its Quik Drive® PRODW drywall system.
“Manufacturers are consistently improving their tools. Each year, however, some exceed the norms and develop products which truly deserve recognition,” said Clint DeBoer, Executive Director of the Pro Tool Innovation Awards. “Business owners, builders, contractors and tradespeople really need to understand which products can help them work smarter and more efficiently. Often, they can also save a lot of money in either material costs or time savings, and that innovation goes straight into their pocketbook.”
Top Simpson Strong-Tie product innovations for 2018 included the following:
- The innovative Quik Drive PRODW Drywall System, an auto-feed screw driving system for faster, easier drywall applications using a sturdy, lightweight tool.
- Stainless-steel Titen HD® heavy-duty screw anchors (THDSS), the first large-diameter screw anchors for use in severely corrosive interior or exterior environments.
- The Deck-Drive™ DCU screw plug solution, a complete hidden deck-fastening system comprising the premium DCU Composite screw, the DCU screw plug and an Auto-Set Driver™ bit.
- The code-listed SET-3G™ high-strength anchoring adhesive, formulated for threaded rod and rebar installation and powerful bonding in an exceptional range of temperatures and conditions..
- An expansion of the Outdoor Accents® decorative hardware line creating a comprehensive collection of connectors and fasteners that provide both structural strength and eye-catching design to outdoor-living structures.
- The precision-made Yield-Link® connection, designed to simplify and expedite structural steel connections made in the field by eliminating the need for field-welding without compromising structural strength.
- The SCS seismic bypass framing connector, the first hybrid seismic clip engineered for either slide-clip or fixed-clip applications in high-seismic areas, and the first product of its kind to undergo full-scale cyclic research testing.
- The high-performance BTH brick tie, a first-of-its-kind, cost-effective product capable of connecting brick and stone veneers to light-frame construction across spans of up to 3″.
- The patent-pending MMHC hinged roof connector, featuring an innovative hinge that rotates to make it easier for modular builders to construct stick-frame roofs in the factory that will fold flat during shipping.
- The SHH steel header hanger, engineered to reduce drywall buildup and screw count when installed to support cold-formed steel box headers and large-flange lay-in headers used in curtain-wall construction.
For more information on the research and development behind specific Simpson Strong-Tie products and to discover how the company is working with construction professionals to improve safety, efficiency and productivity on the jobsite, visit strongtie.com.
About Simpson Strong-Tie Company Inc.
For more than 60 years, Simpson Strong-Tie has dedicated itself to creating structural products that help people build safer, stronger homes and buildings. Considered an industry leader in structural systems research, testing and innovation, Simpson Strong-Tie works closely with construction professionals to provide code-listed, field-tested products and value-engineered solutions. Our engineered structural products and systems are recognized for helping structures resist high winds, hurricanes and seismic forces. They include structural connectors, fasteners, fastening systems, lateral-force-resisting systems, anchors and product solutions for repairing, protecting and strengthening concrete. From product development and testing to training and engineering and field support, Simpson Strong-Tie is committed to helping customers succeed. For more information, visit strongtie.com and follow us on facebook.com/strongtie, twitter.com/strongtie, YouTube and LinkedIn