More than 8,000 Stantec employees will volunteer at community organizations in Canada, the United States, Barbados, the United Kingdom, and the United Arab Emirates. Stantec in the Community Day is held in addition to the many community outreach activities Stantec employees participate in throughout the year.
“Stantec in the Community Day encourages our staff to support some of the most important causes and organizations in their communities,” said Stantec president and chief executive officer, Bob Gomes. “Community is at the center of everything we do. We support many of these causes year round but, for Stantec in the Community Day, we all get to do it together.”
For 2016, Stantec in the Community Day volunteer events around the world include:
- In Vancouver, British Columbia, team members will visit the MOSAIC English Language Centre where they will help newcomers to Canada improve their language skills.
- In Charlottesville, Virginia, a team of education designers will work with a local refugee organization to refresh their English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom.
- In Doha, Qatar, team members will visit with sick children at Hamad Pediatric Hospital.
- In Edmonton, Alberta, team members will design and build a shelter for a traditional sweat lodge at amiskwaciy Academy.
- In Seattle, Washington, team members will help remove garbage and invasive species from the Cheasty Greenspace.
- In Fredericton, New Brunswick, team members will help the Charlotte Street Arts Centre create a Culture Garden.
- In Trois-Rivières, Quebec, volunteers will beautify the community’s go-to green, recreational space at St-Quentin Island nature park and beach.
“Our promise at Stantec is to design with community in mind,” says Gomes. “What better way to live that promise than to get out into our local communities and roll up our sleeves?”
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN.