Trends December 2022
Resilient Roads Fall 2022 Innovators and Influencers
The Resilient Roads Roundtable announced its Fall 2022 list of Resilient Roads Innovators and Influencers. The objective of the bi-annual list is to recognize those whose advocacy for transportation resilience is most clear and effective as well as those who are creating and adopting new materials, methods and models to advance transportation infrastructure resilience. The program is intended to spur others to undertake similar leadership actions.
The Resilient Roads Roundtable membership and the group’s Innovators and Influencers list are comprised of leaders from across the transportation infrastructure ecosystem—from transportation agency officials to road materials manufacturers to technology pioneers and top academic researchers.
The Fall 2022 Resilient Roads Innovators and Influencers list spotlights those “first among equals” who are paving the way for successful road resilience initiatives.
• Pete Buttigieg, U.S. Secretary of Transportation
• Elizabeth Kemp Herrera, Risk and Resilience Program Manager, Colorado Department of Transportation
• Jim Pappas, Director of Transportation Resiliency, Delaware Department of Transportation
• Paula Hammond, Senior Vice President, National Transportation Market Leader, WSP USA (and regular Informed Infrastructure columnist)
• Seth Schultz, CEO/Executive Director, Resilience Rising
• Renaud de Montaignac, COO and General Manager, ORIS
• Dr. Benjamin Bowers and Dr. Jeffrey LaMondia, Auburn University, Samuel Ginn College of Engineering
• Dr. Erol Tutumluer, University of Illinois, The Grainger College of Engineering
• Dr. Redmond Clark, President, Asphalt Plus LLC
• Mikhil Ranka, Director, Zydex Industries
For more information about the Roundtable, visit its website at www.resilientroadways.com. In addition, Informed Infrastructure is partnering with the Roundtable on future spotlights and will include more information in a future issue of the magazine.
The following are the top stories from the last few months (in terms of traffic) on the Informed Infrastructure website. This also reflects key coverage areas that are regularly refreshed online and via our weekly e-newsletter. Simply search key words on Informed Infrastructure online to find the full story.
- Durability Technology Can Achieve Massive Reductions in the Carbon Footprint of Concrete Structures – PENETRON Report
- Hines Sets Net Zero Goal Across All Buildings by 2040 Without Buying Offsets
- Rosendin and Jacobsen Complete Nation’s Largest Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic
- Steel Tube Institute Resource Approved as the Standard Guide for Checking Tolerances of Hollow Structural Sections
- American Concrete Institute Publishes Updated Guide to Selecting Proportions for Normal-Density and High-Density Concrete
- USDOT Announces All 50 States, DC and Puerto Rico Now Have Alternative Fuel Corridor Designations, Which Will Help Build Out National Electric Vehicle Charging Network
- HNTB Selected to Develop Statewide Lane Closure Management System for Iowa DOT
- Video: Rail Safety
- On Anniversary of ADA, USDOT Announces Winners of its First-Ever Inclusive Design Challenge
- Mabey Bridge Supplies Nine Bridges to Support Flood Recovery in Germany
- Council of the Great Lakes Region and the Water Council Partner To Accelerate Water Innovation and Stewardship
- President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law to Help Safeguard Water Supplies in 12 States and Puerto Rico
- Nebraska Department of Natural Resources Selects Stantec to Develop Floodplain Modeling and Mapping
- Largest New Mexico Water Utility Relies on Xylem Pressure Management Data to Improve Operations
- Designing Sustainable Coastal Infrastructure as Sea Levels Rise
Tools and Technology
- Leica Geosystems Launches New Safety Awareness Module in Leica Conx Cloud Solution
- Traffic Design Data Manager from Phocaz Is Powered by the Bentley iTwin Platform
- NV5 Geospatial Introduces Industry’s Most Rugged, Multifunctional Robot for Electric Substation Monitoring
- Introducing ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine
- WSP USA Offers Mobility Marketplace Service