Latin American & the Caribbean Energy Scenarios to 2060
The World Energy Council, will be bringing Arturo Leonardo Vásquez, Deputy Minister of Energy, Peru, and Gerald Davis, Chair World Energy Scenarios, together with global energy leaders to launch a new energy scenarios to 2060 report for Latin America and the Caribbean, which will be streamed live online.
The World Energy Council has identified that the Latin American and the Caribbean region needs to focus on large-scale investment and regional integration to mitigate risks and unlock its greater economic potential to achieve a sustainable growth of 2.7% to 2060.
In the report entitled ‘Latin American & the Caribbean Energy Scenarios to 2060’, three scenarios “Samba”, “Tango” and “Rock” present three distinct trajectories for the energy sector to 2060. This new set of exploratory scenarios was developed in partnership with CAF- banco de desarrollo de América Latina, Eletrobras and Unidad de Planeación Minero Energética (UPME) to be launched on 31 May in Lima, Peru.
15.00-15.30 Opening remarks:
– Guillermo Castillo, Chair, World Energy Council Peru, Peru
– Claudia Cronenbold, Vice Chair LAC, World Energy Council, Bolivia
15.30-16.30 Launch Latin America and the Caribbean Energy Scenarios to 2060
– Gerald Davis, Chair World Energy Scenarios, World Energy Council, UK
16.30-17.00 Conclusions and questions
– Mauricio Garrón, Director, Analysis and Strategy in Energy, CAF, Venezuela
- 17.00-17.30 Closing remarks
– Arturo Leonardo Vásquez, Deputy Minister of Energy, Peru
The event is open to media to attend in person or to watch live streaming on 31 May at 2:30PM PERU TIME/ 7:30PM GMT
To attend in person, contact Cristina Morales: email@example.com
To watch use: http://streaming.bnamericas.com/
The following spokespeople will be available for interviews:
- Ged Davis, Executive Chair, World Energy Scenarios, World Energy Council
- Claudia Cronenbold, Vice Chair, Latin America and the Caribbean, World Energy Council
- José Antonio Vargas Lleras, Chair of the Communications and Strategy Committee, World Energy Council
- Mauricio Garrón, Director of Energy and Analysis, CAF, Venezuela
To organise an interview, contact Lucy Chakaodza, Media manager, World Energy Council, firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: (+44) 203 214 0616