Latest Releases of Bentley’s SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, CivilStorm, and StormCAD V8i Provide Advanced Capabilities for Optioneering and Enhanced Decision Making
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure, today announced the availability of its new SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, CivilStorm, and StormCAD V8i (SELECTseries 4) products for the analysis and design of wastewater and stormwater systems. The new releases provide advanced hydraulic and operational capabilities for an increased depth of information modeling that empowers users to evaluate and compare a wider range of network considerations. Through the optioneering this facilitates, users are able to assess trade-offs across disciplines and systems in terms of cost, time, and efficiency. This allows them to make better-informed decisions that result in better system performance. The SELECTseries 4 releases also help streamline the information modeling process – saving time and money.
Gregg Herrin, Bentley director, product management, explained, “With the SELECTseries 4 releases of our SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, CivilStorm, and StormCAD V8i products, users are able to evaluate every aspect of existing systems and compare possible new designs. Simulations can predict everything from flooding to hydrogen sulfide formation, and then assess the effect of alternative designs to alleviate problems.
“We also continued to streamline workflows that improve the initial creation and ongoing management of models within these products. By delivering functionality that lets users create their models faster, such as the determination of manhole rim elevations from terrain data, more of the modelers’ time can be spent on analysis and design instead of data management – and the further addition of capabilities such as SCADAConnect helps users confidently align their models with real-world conditions.”
Commenting on the new release, Paul Quinlan, principal engineer – network planning, Water Services, Toowoomba Regional Council, Australia, said, “At Toowoomba Regional Council, we are looking forward to using SewerGEMS V8i (SELECTseries 4). We expect that the hydrogen sulfide formation modeling component will assist us in the protection of assets through the determination, management, and risk reduction for pipe damage and the prevention/reduction in possible odor complaints. The model building component we also expect will decrease model check and/or build time, and improve accuracy through the automatic assigning of elevation data to manhole elements.”
The new functionality in the SELECTseries 4 releases provides users with the following new and/or enhanced capabilities:
- SewerGEMS users can:
- leverage SCADA systems and data loggers through SCADAConnect, supporting calibration and operational efforts;
- model hydrogen sulfide formation to decrease the risk of pipe damage, prevent odor complaints, and improve safety.
- SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, CivilStorm, and StormCAD users can:
- conveniently trace and display the surface water flow direction across any terrain, ensuring proper location of inlets and other drainage infrastructure;
- import MX drainage files easily and efficiently, facilitating ready access to the data;
- automatically assign elevation data to manhole elements for faster model building and updating;
- explicitly model headwalls and endwalls for culverts more efficiently.
- SewerGEMS and CivilStorm users can design stormwater ponds more quickly and easily using PondMaker.
- SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, and CivilStorm users can now utilize ILSAX hydrologic calculations.
- Users of any of the new SELECTseries 4 releases now benefit from the products’ support of AutoCAD 2015, giving them the ability to model from within the latest AutoCAD version.
For additional information about:
- SewerGEMS or SewerCAD V8i (SELECTseries 4), visit www.bentley.com/GetLatestSewerProducts
- CivilStorm or StormCAD V8i (SELECTseries 4), visit www.bentley.com/GetLatestStormwaterProducts
To learn about upcoming webinars on the SewerGEMS, SewerCAD, CivilStorm, or StormCAD V8i (SELECTseries 4) products, or to view a previous webinar on demand, click on the appropriate link(s) below:
- North America: http://www.bentley.com/SewerStormSS4-NA
- EMEA: http://www.bentley.com/SewerStormSS4-EMEA
- SEAPAC: http://www.bentley.com/SewerStormSS4-SEAPAC
- LATAM (Spanish): http://www.bentley.com/SewerStormSS4-LATAM
- Brazil (Portuguese): http://www.bentley.com/SewerStormSS4-Brazil
To download high-resolution SewerGEMS and CivilStorm V8i (SELECTseries 4)images, click here.
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentley users leverage information mobility across disciplines and throughout the infrastructure lifecycle to deliver better-performing projects and assets. Bentley solutions encompass MicroStation applications for information modeling, ProjectWise collaboration services to deliver integrated projects, and AssetWise operations services to achieve intelligent infrastructure – complemented by worldwide professional services and comprehensive managed services.
Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in over 50 countries, more than $600 million in annual revenues, and since 2006 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Additional information about Bentley is available at www.bentley.com and in Bentley’s annual report. For Bentley news as it happens, subscribe to an RSS feed of Bentley press releases and news alerts. Visit The Year in Infrastructure 2014 Conference for highlights of Bentley’s premier thought-leadership event. To view a searchable collection of innovative infrastructure projects from the annual Be Inspired Awards, access Bentley’s Infrastructure Yearbooks. To access a professional networking site that enables members of the infrastructure community to connect, communicate, and learn from each other, visit Be Communities.
To download the Bentley Infrastructure 500 Top Owners ranking, a unique global compendium of the top public- and private-sector owners of infrastructure based on the value of their cumulative infrastructure investments, visit www.bentley.com/500.