Smart Cities Report Details Projects and Vision
City leaders all over the world have embraced the smart city concept with enthusiasm. They are heralding innovative projects and laying out a vision for how cities can use technology to meet sustainability goals, boost local economies, and improve services. This commitment to changing how cities operate is driving the continued interest in smart cities. Moreover, the smart city concept is evolving as more cities set out their own agenda and a growing range of suppliers deliver solutions to meet their emerging needs.
Smart city technologies are being developed to address a range of issues, including energy management, water management, urban mobility, street lighting, and public safety, for example. These innovations are underpinned by general developments in areas such as wireless communications, sensor networks, data analytics, and cloud computing. The smart city concept is also driving new integrated approaches to city operations. Navigant Research forecasts that global smart city technology revenue will grow from $8.8 billion annually in 2014 to $27.5 billion in 2023.
This Navigant Research report examines the evolution of the global smart city market, detailing the impacts on key technology markets, including smart grids, water management, transportation, building energy efficiency, and government services. The study compares different approaches to the smart city and provides comprehensive profiles of noteworthy smart city projects in each major world region. Global forecasts of the size and growth of the market for smart city technologies, segmented by smart city industry sector and region, extend through 2023. The report also examines the significant market drivers and challenges related to smart cities, as well as the competitive landscape.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What defines the smart city?
- What are the key policy, technology, and economic issues that are influencing the development of smart cities?
- Which smart technologies are having the biggest impact on smart cities?
- How are smart cities shaping technology developments?
- How do smart city concepts and projects differ around the world?
- What financing models are being used in smart city development?
- Who are the key players in the smart city market and how do they relate to each other?
- How large is the global smart city technology market and how will growth vary by industry sector and region?