NIBS Award Nominations Are Now Open
The purpose of NIBS’ awards is to recognize those who have made significant contributions that have influenced positive change and greatly impacted the built environment. We are looking to our members to nominate those individuals.
Friday, April 28
Reach out to Jennifer Hitzke for questions about the NIBS Awards and Honors: [email protected]
This year, NIBS has taken further steps to recognize the key stakeholders in our industry by redesigning our awards program. We will be accepting nominations for:
- The Exceptional Woman in Building Awardrecognizes a dynamic, trailblazing woman who has made outstanding contributions to the built environment. This award is in celebration of the industry’s remarkable female thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and champions of change.
- It’s time to recognize the next generation of leaders across the built environment. The Future Leaders Award recognizes an individual under the age of 35, whose innovative talent is driving the industry into the future.
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Awardseeks to honor champions of diversity and celebrate their exemplary leadership in advancing DEI in the building industry. This award will recognize corporations or associations for their positive impacts on the industry and the community as a whole, by increasing diversity in leadership roles and engaging in ongoing efforts that yield measurable change.
- The NIBS Innovator Awardrecognizes an individual, organization, or project that has made ground-breaking advances and significant technological contributions to the built environment.
- The Distinguished Service Awardis awarded to an individual or organization member who has made a substantial contribution in support of the mission, goals, and objectives of NIBS. It will honor the impact made to the entire building community on NIBS’ behalf.
- The Mortimer M. Marshall Lifetime Achievement Awardis the highest honor at NIBS. It goes to someone who has demonstrated a lifetime of dedication to the mission and goals of the organization. Established in 2011 and named after the first member of NIBS, this award is bestowed upon those who exhibit the passion upon which NIBS was founded.
- The BeyondGreen™ High-Performance Building and Community Award recognizes the initiatives that shape, inform and catalyze the high-performance building market, as well as the real-world application of high-performance design and construction practices. High-performance buildings meet eight design objectives: sustainability, accessibility, aesthetics, cost-effectiveness, functionality, productivity, historical sensitivity, and safety and security. (Resilience falls within the ‘safety and security’ objective.) The Beyond Green™ Award distinguishes those projects and activities that best exemplify the attributes of high performance.
Please nominate those you believe have made a significant impact to the building industry this year.* You can view more information about the NIBS Awards and Honors Program here.
*Self-nominations are not permitted.
About Parul Dubey
Comments are disabled