DIGroup Architecture Earns AIA-NJ “Firm of the Year” Award & Seven Additional Awards/Recognition Honors to Kick off New Year
USGBC Project of the Year Awards Presentation to DIGroup Architecture’s (L) Swarupa Samant, principal, & (R) Manny Coimbra, senior project manager. (Photo Courtesy DIGroup Architecture)
Individual & Project Acknowledgements Fuel the Firm’s Architecture for Change Axiom
New Brunswick, N.J. / Philadelphia – DIGroup Architecture (DIGroup) has added several accolades to its architecture, interior design and environmental graphic design resume, including the hard-earned American Institute of Architects-New Jersey Chapter (AIA-NJ) “Firm of the Year” Award for 2022, the firm has announced.
During these past several weeks, the Minority-Owned, Disadvantaged and Small Business Enterprise (MBE/DBE/SBE) firm has brought home a total of eight awards and recognition honors for work across the New York and Philadelphia Metro areas – evidence of DIGroup’s commitment to client services, dedication to sustainability and preservation and advancement of its “Architecture for Change” axiom.
“It’s humbling to be recognized by industry leaders and peers for our efforts,” said Vincent Myers, president, who garnered recognition as an industry and DBE “power player,” a coveted distinction held for organizations committed to making a positive impact on the communities in which they serve.
“Every day, we make a concerted, purposeful effort to make a difference and to put our values to work in a very real and tangible way,” he said. “To be recognized for those efforts validates that we are doing the right thing, for a common purpose and in communities that have traditionally been underserved.”
Awards and accolades earned by DIGroup this awards “season” include:
- AIA-NJ Firm of the Year, which recognizes a member firm that has produced notable architecture and made an impact on the greater profession
- AIA-NJ Merit Award Recipient for its Clinton Hill Community & Early Childhood Center as well as the Interior Architecture Group Category Honor for the UNITI Cultural Center at SUNY Stony Brook
- Preservation New Jersey’s 2022 David H. Knights New Preservation Initiatives award for its Trenton Central High School and Camden High School projects
- S. Green Building Council (USGBC) New Jersey’s 2022 Leadership Awards for its Camden High School project
- President Vincent Myers was named a “DBE Power Player” by American DBE, which highlights organizations committed to giving back to the communities in which they serve
- DIG Project Manager LoriAnne Jones was named among New York Real Estate’s “Ones to Watch” in commercial real estate, highlighted for her 10+ year relationship with Urban Health Plan and other Federal Qualified Health Centers, as well as the legacy of service on both sides of her family
- Heralded for its “Architecture for Change” motto and projects across academia, healthcare, senior living and municipal/civic spaces, DIGroup was selected as a “Company to Watch” by a leading New Jersey business magazine
These latest awards come on the heels of distinctions earned earlier in 2022, including accolades presented by two prominent regional publications, which named the firm among the leading Minority-Owned Businesses in the Philadelphia/New Jersey region and top architectural firms within the state of New Jersey.
Local, regional and national recognition – while not a key driver for its efforts – affirms DIGroup’s ability to nimbly address common and complex challenges associated with improving existing structures as well as creating new spaces keeping sustainability, preservation and community service in mind. Through the firm’s talented team of professionals, each project exemplifies best-in-class project management, client services, architectural and graphic-design know-how to deliver spaces with form and function.
Formed in 2006 and headquartered in New Brunswick, N.J., with offices in Philadelphia, DIGroup Architecture is an award-winning architecture, design and environmental graphics firm serving clients and communities in education, civic spaces, healthcare and senior living. DIGroup Architecture is a certified Minority-Owned, Disadvantaged and Small Business Enterprise (MBE/DBE/SBE), driven to create “Architecture for Change.”