SPAR International 2014 posts Conference Schedule with Abstracts
The conference schedule with abstracts for the 11th annual SPAR International 3D Measurement & Imaging Conference has been posted and includes 110 presenters and panelists. “Our presenters are among the most experienced and qualified 3D experts in the world,” said Lisa Murray, Director of SPAR Point Group. “Attendees will be treated to fresh ideas and new ways of working that will save them time and money.” SPAR International takes place April 14-17, 2014 at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Presenters will share best practices in breakout sessions in 8 tracks— New Technologies; Civil Infrastructure; Industrial Facilities; Building & Architecture; Forensic and Legal for 3D/Court; 3D Data Management, 3D Resource Utilization and 3D Business Development. The full list of presenters with links to their bios and abstracts is available here.
- Living in the Point Cloud – Magnus Rönnäng, Technical Expert, Virtual Manufacturing, Volvo Cars Group
- Experiencing the Smithsonian in 3D – Vincent Rossi and Adam Metallo, 3D Digitization, Digitization Program Office, OCIO, Smithsonian Institution
- Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton – Leon “Lee” Ellis, Colonel (Ret), US Air Force
In addition to the extensive conference programming, SPAR International features:
- An exhibition showcasing solutions from leading 3D hardware manufacturers and software suppliers, including Autodesk, AVEVA LFM, Bentley, Esri, FARO, Leica Geosystems, Optech, RIEGL USA, Surphaser, Topcon, Trimble, Z+F
- Dinner Roundtables offering in-depth discussions on these topics: Low-Cost Scanning Devices, Automatic Modeling, BIM/FM for Facilities Management, Uses of 3D to Aid Capital Projects, Project Estimation and Managing Large Data
- Numerous networking activities where more than 850 attendees can mix and mingle and view the latest technology on the exhibit floor
- Technical Seminars that provide information about the newest supplier advances given by suppliers’ technical leads.
- Live Demonstrations showing various data capture options in action in real-life scenarios
- Mobile mapping vehicles
- Workshops hosted by USIBD (U.S. Institute of Building Documentation), bimSMART and IAFSM (International Association of Forensic & Security Metrology).
“SPAR International truly is one-stop shopping for anyone involved in the 3D measurement and imaging market,” said Ms. Murray. “It’s the single best event for 3D professionals to access the expert education, strategic contacts, and cutting-edge hardware and software that will have an immediate impact on their work processes and bottom line.”
Registration is available online now. Full conference, single-day and exhibits-only passes are offered. Group discounts are also available. Early registrants receive the best rates. Complete event information can be found at www.SPARPointGroup.com/International.
About SPAR International
SPAR International, presented by SPAR Point Group, brings together professionals from diverse markets to discover the newest 3D technologies and workflows to drive efficiency, reduce timelines, save money, improve safety and mitigate risk. It takes place April 14-17, 2014 in Colorado Springs, Colorado. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com/International.
About SPAR Point Group
SPAR Point Group organizes conferences and provides news and information for professionals involved in 3D imaging technologies. Content– delivered in-person and online– gives practitioners tools and information to make better business decisions. SPAR Point Group is wholly-owned by Diversified Communications. For more information, visit www.SPARPointGroup.com.