August 2022 Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Aligning the Lines: Surveying and Scanning Combine to Build New Zealand’s First Underground Railway
By Mary Jo Wagner
- Better Gardiner: Two Deteriorating Bridges Rapidly Replaced
By Angus Stocking
- Product Comparison: Precast vs. Cast-in-Place Manhole Base
By Bob Vildibill
- Future Proof: Geofoam Pre-Games Construction Challenges as Airports Expand
By Sean O’Keefe
By Kathryn Thomason and Bill De Jong
Sponsored by: Oldcastle Infrastructure
- From the Editor: Will Politics Erode Infrastructure Standards?
By Robert Schickel
- ReEngineering the Engineer: Getting Started on the Right Foot(ing)
By Douglas G. Fitzpatrick, P.E.
- Code Update: Change to ACI 318-19 Sets Lower Shear Capacities for Many Concrete Structures
By Daryl Burns, P.E.
- Executive Corner: Focus On Three Key Areas to Prepare for the Future
By Russ Ryan
- Thoughts from Engineers: The Supreme Court Kicks the Climate ‘Ball’ Back to Congress
By Chris Maeder, M.S., P.E., CFM
- Transportation Troubleshooting: Cooperation Key to Developing a More Diverse Workforce
By Paula Hammond