Webinar on the Applications of 3D Models in the Transportation Construction Office
The Geospatial Transportation Mapping Association is pleased to support the Federal Highway Administration’s webinar series: 3D Engineered Models for Construction. We hope all those who are able to participate will take advantage of this excellent program.
One of the technologies for the Federal Highway Administration’s (FHWA) Every Day Counts (EDC) initiative is 3D Engineered Models for Construction. A series of eight webinars have been developed to assist the FHWA’s transportation partners in adopting this proven technology. The webinars are given in a “cradle to grave” sequence. Participants will hear how contractors incorporate 3D engineered models in their workfl ow of bidding and preparing to execute construction. Topics and guest speakers include:
- Contractor’s Organization Perspective – Brian Deery (AGC)
- Using Available Data to Create Construction Models – Brian Smith (IMCO Construction)
- Planning Construction Activities and Clash Detection – Karthik “RK” Ramkrishnan (Walsh Construction)
- Executing Construction with 3D Engineered Models – Ryan Forrestel (Cold Spring Construction)
On Demand Webinar Videos: www.fhwa.dot.gov/construction/3d
1. Overview of 3D Engineered Models for Construction. Aired November 20, 2013.
2. Creating 3D Engineered Models. Aired January 8, 2014.
3. Applications of 3D Models in the Construction Office. Airs February 19, 2014.