ACI Honors Outstanding Contributions to the Industry
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. – The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is pleased to recognize several professionals, groups, and companies for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The 2022 honorees include the induction of Honorary Members, ACI’s highest honor, which recognizes persons of eminence in the field of the Institute’s interest, or one who has performed extraordinary meritorious service to the Institute. The following five individuals are inducted as Honorary Members:
- Bev Garnant
- Lawrence F. Kahn
- Luke M. Snell
- Roberto Stark
- William E. Rushing, Jr.
ACI is also pleased to recognize 24 individuals for maintaining their membership and participating in ACI activities for at least five decades. Additionally, ACI honors 20 new Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the production or use of concrete materials, products, and structures in the areas of education, research, development, design, construction, or management.
Awardees will be recognized at the ACI Concrete Convention, March 27-31, 2022. Please join us by registering at aciconvention.org.
The following awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
- HENRY L. KENNEDY AWARD – David H. Sanders
- CEDRIC WILSON LIGHTWEIGHT AGGREGATE CONCRETE AWARD — Reid W. Castrodale
- STRATEGIC ADVANCEMENT AWARD – Joseph C. Sanders
- WALTER P. MOORE, JR. FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Cameron D. Murray
- ACI CERTIFICATION AWARD — Bryan M. Birdwell, Tammy Buck, Rita Madison
- ACI YOUNG MEMBER AWARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT – Saman Ali Abdullah, Lisa E. Burris
- DELMAR L. BLOEM DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD — Abdeldjelil Belarbi, Christopher C. Ferraro, William J. Gold
- CHAPTER ACTIVITIES AWARD — Ramon Fernandez Allado, Jose Lozano y Ruy Sanchez, Radhika Markan, Josseph Eli Mandujano Zavala
ACI Foundation Awards
- ARTHUR J. BOASE AWARD — Brahim Benmokrane
- JEAN-CLAUDE ROUMAIN INNOVATION AWARD — Karen Scrivener
- ROBERT E. PHILLEO AWARD — Carolyn M. Hansson
- BUILDING THE FUTURE AWARD – Jeffrey W. Coleman
Learn more about each of the awards listed above at concrete.org.
For more information, contact:
Always advancing – The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, and educational, training, & certification programs. Founded in 1904, ACI is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, with a regional office in Dubai, UAE, and a resource center in Southern California. Visit concrete.org for additional information.