Registration Open for DFI-EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement
May 18-20 in Berlin
Hawthorne, N.J.: Registration is open for the DFI-EFFC International Conference on Deep Foundations and Ground Improvement: Smart Construction for the Future being held May 18-20, 2022, in Berlin.
The conference is a global gathering of professionals discussing smart processes and advancements in digitalisation for improving quality and safety, project execution, reducing costs and increasing profits for future deep foundation and ground improvement projects.
The Organizing and Technical committees are being led by Conference Chair Professor Frank Rackwitz, Technical University of Berlin, and Program Co-Chairs Frank Haehnig, managing director, Bauer Spezialtiefbau, and Professor Rolf Katzenbach, Technical University of Darmstadt.
The technical sessions feature invited lectures from clients on international megaprojects. These lectures highlight the challenges and innovations on large infrastructure projects from the owner’s viewpoint, and include the following topics:
- Ground Improvement Advancements
- National and International Case Histories
- Deep Foundation Advancements
- Smart Monitoring and Testing
- Sustainability, Lifecycle and Circular Economy in Geotechnics
- Other Topics Related to Deep Foundations
Special sessions include technical paper presentations and panel discussions to review and debate the following technical topics and implementation:
- Sustainability: Representatives from three geotechnical sectors (construction, design and manufacturing) are presenting brief viewpoints and participating in an open forum on the status of sustainability in the industry. The discussion will address how various sizes and types of companies define sustainability, implement sustainable practices, measure and report on sustainability, and demonstrate how sustainability goes beyond environmental considerations to address social and economic aspects.
- Working Platforms: A session is being presented on the international state of the practice for design and maintenance of safe working platforms. Technical paper presentations will cover advancements in design and testing approaches and research efforts. With audience engagement, industry leaders will address challenges and perspectives related to enforcement and contracts.
In addition, a preconference workshop on Sustainability is being held. The industry-led workshop focuses on current sustainable best practices and initiatives in the foundation industry, with a discussion on sustainability best practices, based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Planned social activities include a networking welcome reception in the exhibit hall, a conference banquet at the Classic Remise Berlin vintage car garage, and a post-conference tour and site visit. There will also be a Young Professional and Student Mentoring Forum.
Visit the website at www.dfi.org/EFFCBerlin2022 for information on registering as an attendee, exhibitor or sponsor.
About the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI): DFI (www.dfi.org) is an international association of contractors, engineers, manufacturers, suppliers, academics and owners in the deep foundations industry. Our multidisciplinary membership creates a consensus voice and a common vision for continual improvement in the planning, design and construction of deep foundations and excavations. We bring together members for networking, education, communication and collaboration. With our members, we promote the advancement of the deep foundations industry through technical committees, educational programs and conferences, publications, research, government relations and outreach. DFI has more than 4,000 members worldwide.