Join Secretary Pete Buttigieg and World Leaders at Transforming Transportation
Climate-Centered Mobility for a Sustainable Recovery
WASHINGTON, DC – The World Bank and WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities invite the press to attend Transforming Transportation 2022, the premier global event covering issues at the intersection of mobility, transport, climate action and inclusion.
The all-virtual conference will bring together a prestigious lineup of leaders and innovators, including:
- Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation, United States
- Aniruddha (Ani) Dasgupta, WRI President and CEO
- H.E. Mostafa Madbouly, Prime Minister, Egypt
- Andrea Meza Murillo, Minister of Environment and Energy, Costa Rica
- Mari Pangestu, Managing Director of Development Policy and Partnerships, World Bank
- H.E. David W. Panuelo, President of the Federated States of Micronesia
- Alok Sharma, COP26 President
- Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo, Mayor of Mexico City, Mexico
The discussions are grounded by a challenging reality: transport already accounts for 20% of global GHG emissions. As cities grow and more people and businesses seek out transport solutions, this share could increase by another 60% by 2050 unless we take quick and decisive action to change the way we move people and goods. COVID-19 has added further complications, disrupting transport operations and supply chains worldwide.
Countries have an opportunity right now to shift toward a new mobility approach that is more sustainable, resilient, and inclusive. Transforming Transportation will showcase some of the most innovative solutions that can help turn this ambition into reality.
In 2021, over 4,400 people from 123 countries registered for Transforming Transportation. This year, the World Bank and WRI aim to make the conference more accessible to everyone by streaming in 5 languages – English, French, Spanish, Mandarin and Russian – and offering a session conveniently scheduled for participants in the Asia-Pacific region.
Transforming Transportation 2022
Agenda available at www.transformingtransportation.org.
Transforming Transportation 2022 will be held entirely online. To follow the discussion, you can:
- Register as an accredited participant: https://hopin.com/events/transforming-transportation-2022-climate-centered-mobility-for-a-sustainable-recovery
- Watch the livestream: https://live.worldbank.org/transforming-transportation-2022
February 16: 8:00 AM to 1:50 PM ET
February 16 10:30 PM ET to February 17 2:30 AM ET (February 17 11:30 AM SST to 3:30 PM SST)
February 17: 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM ET
Erin Scronce, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202.641.0093