DFI Announces New Committee Publications and Research Reports
Hawthorne, N.J. : Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) announces the release of three new technical publications and an educational PowerPoint presentation available at no cost online at www.dfi.org/publications/new-publications as well as several research reports by DFI technical committees.
- Grouting Summary of Main Standards and Guidelines on Grouting Available in North America and Europe – DFI International Grouting Committee
This publication summarizes the main standards and guidelines, different approaches, methods and tools used internationally, and standard practice requirements for qualifications, materials, equipment, testing, and production procedures.
- Data Management Guide Specification – DFI Project Information Management Systems Committee
This publication is based on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers guidance. The guide provides generic specification language and commentary for project information management systems including recent technological developments.
- Guidelines for Selecting Cutoff Wall Systems – DFI Slurry Wall Committee
This publication outlines fundamental information on the selection of vertical cutoff walls and seepage barriers to reduce water flow through embankments, dams, levees, and deep excavations. Cutoff methods covered include excavated cutoff systems, in situ techniques (grouting, deep mixing and ground freezing), and driven sheet pile cutoff systems.
- Structural Slurry (Diaphragm) Walls – DFI Slurry Wall Committee
A new PowerPoint presentation outlines basic design and construction for structural slurry walls, including an overview of types of slurry walls, design and construction considerations, detailing, quality assurance and control, and advantages and limitations.
Committee Research Reports
Following are recently published research reports for projects funded by DFI’s Committee Project Fund.
- Implementation of CFA/ACIP Pile Technology in India – Including Demonstration Program – DFI of India
- Shear Demands of Rock-Socketed Piles Subject to Cyclic Lateral Loading – Drilled Shaft Committee
- Lateral Spreading and Basal Stability of Embankments and MSE Walls Supported on Unreinforced High-Modulus Columns – Ground Improvement and ACIP and DD Piles Committees
DFI Releases New Publications and Reports– 2
- Design Recommendations for Helical Pile Anchorages Subjected to Cyclic Load Reversals – Helical Piles and Tiebacks Committee
- Effect of Curing Stresses on the Mechanical Properties of Soil-Cement Mixed Materials – Soil Mixing Committee
The following research reports were published in the DFI Journal. An online subscription to the Journal is available to DFI members at no additional cost by signing into the member portal. Nonmembers can purchase the individual papers for $25 or join DFI for $125 to receive an online subscription to the Journal.
- Modified Strong Rock P-Y Curves for Rock-Socketed Pile Shafts – Seismic and Lateral Loads and Drilled Shaft Committees
- Development of Experimental P-Y Curves from Centrifuge Tests for Piles Subjected to Static Loading and Liquefaction-Induced Lateral Spreading – Seismic and Lateral Loads Committee
About the Deep Foundations Institute (DFI): DFI (www.dfi.org) is an international association of contractors, engineers, manufacturers, suppliers, academics and owners in the deep foundations industry. Our multidisciplinary membership creates a consensus voice and a common vision for continual improvement in the planning, design and construction of deep foundations and excavations. We bring together members for networking, education, communication and collaboration. With our members, we promote the advancement of the deep foundations industry through technical committees, educational programs and conferences, publications, research, government relations and outreach. DFI has more than 4,000 members worldwide.