GrizForm Design Architects Announces Three New Hires
The Architecture and Design Firm Widens its Knowledge in Multiple Market Sectors, Strengthening its Core and Doubling GrizForm’s Size and Potential
WASHINGTON, D.C. — GrizForm Design Architects, a leading hospitality design and architecture firm based in Washington D.C., has announced that three new team members have joined the firm. This exciting, growing team will continue to advance GrizForm’s mission to provide creative, custom, and contemporary design solutions. GrizForm’s existing technique, bolstered by the expertise of the new hires, will amplify the firm’s skills, producing the next generation of truly unique hospitality projects.
“This is an exciting time for the hospitality industry, and we’re looking forward to diving headfirst into some new projects,” says Griz Dwight, principal and founder of GrizForm Design Architects. “With Joseph, Olivia, and Stephanie on board, we’ll be providing the most innovative solutions for our clients to date.”
Some additional information on each new hire is below:
Joseph McKenley, AIA, Project Architect
- McKenley is a licensed architect in Washington D.C. He is originally from Kingston, Jamaica, where he obtained his bachelor’s of arts in
- architectural studies before receiving his master’s of architecture from the University of Maryland. In addition, McKenley is a design studio lecturer at the University of Maryland School of Architecture, actively educating the new round of budding architecture
- professionals. He looks forward to leveraging his background and expertise to provide thoughtful design solutions to his clients at GrizForm Design Architects.
Olivia Turner, Project Designer
- Turner’s previous experience focuses on multifamily residential spaces, with additional work on hospitality, workplace, upscale student
- housing, and senior living projects. She brings this skill set to GrizForm, where her organizational abilities will guide each phase of the project, including research, concept development, schematic design, construction documentation, and FF&E specifications.
- She strives to craft innovative, dimensional spaces while collaborating with all team members to deliver the best possible project results. Turner is currently working toward National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certification.
Stephanie Sargon, Project Designer
- Sargon is pleased to join a firm where the team shares her strong belief and desire to achieve a client’s vision by telling their unique
- stories through design. She believes there are no repeats or shortcuts, and that creativity and innovation are key. Sargon brings seven years of experience working in residential and commercial hospitality design in New York City to GrizForm, eager to take
- part in shaping the Washington D.C. area.
About GrizForm Design Architects
GrizForm Design Architects is improving the built environment one project at a time. Founded in 2003, we are a leading hospitality design and architecture firm with award-winning work and a team that prides itself on its craftsmanship, strong attention to detail, awareness of historical context, and innovation. Our firm produces creative solutions for clients, which include contemporary design concepts, cutting-edge ways to solve design and architectural problems, and approaches to help push the design envelope further through the incorporation of unique materials or subtle historical references. Along with our strong interior design and architectural capabilities, we design and build custom pieces — from lighting to furniture — to bring our client’s vision to life. Our team understands the business of our projects’ operations. We work our designs around the real-world necessity of staffing needs, overhead, and returns on investment. The result: designs that are not only beautiful, but also functional and profitable