Xylem Showcases New Wastewater and Water Filtration Products and its Digital Solutions at WEFTEC 2021
Partnerships key to advancing the industry in extraordinary times
CHICAGO – With continued efforts to create a more water-secure and sustainable world, global water technology leader Xylem (NYSE: XYL) is inviting attendees of the 2021 Water Environment Federation’s Annual Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC) to visit Booth 1808 and learn how Extraordinary Times Call for Extraordinary Partnerships. As the industry evolves, partnerships are becoming increasingly crucial to the optimization and protection of water management. Through booth presentations and live broadcasts presented from Oct. 18-20 at McCormick Place in Chicago, visitors will have the opportunity to see how trusted partnerships along with innovative new products and digital solutions are delivering real-world results for utilities and their communities.
“Working with customers and partners in new and creative ways is helping us take another step closer to solving the world’s water challenges,” said Joe Johnston, Xylem’s vice president, Water Infrastructure North America. “WEFTEC is not only an opportunity to continue advancing water accessibility and affordability through new products and expertise, it also brings the industry together under the Water Environment Federation’s exceptional leadership.”
At Xylem Booth 1808, WEFTEC attendees can learn about how Xylem solves today’s most pressing water challenges:
- Aging infrastructure
- Stormwater and flooding
- Regulatory compliance
- Operating strategy, costs and labor
- Stressed water supply
Visitors will also see examples of how Xylem partners with customers to use Xylem Vue digital solutions to deliver transformative outcomes to their communities, faster and more affordably.
Xylem’s New Products
WEFTEC attendees will have the chance to learn about a number of technologies and products, including two new products – the Leopold Texler Lamella Clarifier and the Wedeco Duron 8.
- The Wedeco Duron 8 is flexible, efficient and provides sustainable and high-performance disinfection without any hazardous byproduct formation. Designed to allow for easy retrofit of existing chlorine contact basins, the Duron 8 is easy to install and maintain.
- With high efficiency and a small footprint, the Leopold Texler Lamella Clarifier works to remove solids from water through filtration. Light and cost-efficient, the Texler is easily installed and designed for minimal maintenance.
Customer Seminars and Presentations
There will be a full schedule of broadcasted demonstrations of the latest technologies, including the Xylem Vue suite of digital solutions, customer installations and facility tours at the Xylem booth, presented by Xylem experts and thought leaders. Presentations will be available to watch onDemand for those who missed them live.
- Introducing Xylem’s Leopold Texler™ Lamella Clarifier (10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 18) – One of Xylem’s newest products, the Texler’s innovative design removes solids and filters water, offering high efficiency with a small footprint and needing minimal maintenance while remaining light and flexible for easy installation.
- Presenters: Ralph Franco, Matt Schomaker
- Energy and Maintenance Saving Modern Technology Solids-Handling Pumps (11 a.m. Monday, Oct. 18) – From operational energy and maintenance savings, learn about the results of the installation at Violet Pump Stations in Macomb County, Michigan, and Holly Public Works in Holly, Michigan.
- Presenter: Bob Domkowski
- New Benchtop BOD meters and Auto-Titrators from YSI (1:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 18) – Xylem Lab Solutions is committed to providing quality, precision and value to wastewater laboratories. Join YSI experts as they discuss the YSI MultiLab and titration systems for municipal wastewater and how Xylem Lab Solutions works to improve wastewater laboratories.
- Presenters: Ben Barker, Claudia Worley
- Under Pressure – A Day Onsite for a Metallic Force Main Inspection (2:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 18) – Xylem will inspect a 24-inch ductile iron force main with North Texas Municipal Water District. The team will assess pipe wall loss using Xylem’s free-swimming PipeDiver® platform to help identify and manage potential threats.
- Presenters: Jeff Zdrojewski, Stacie Sandmann
- Adaptive Mixers – More Advantages than You Thought (3:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 18) – Learn about many benefits of adaptive mixers and how wastewater treatment plants use them to increase run time and save more than 50% in energy savings.
- Presenters: Jim Fischer, Michele Braas, Chris Stanton, Alden Meade
- Introducing the Next Generation of Duron Open Channel UV (9 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19) – As one of Xylem’s newest systems, the Wedeco Duron 8 is one of the most flexible open channel UV disinfection systems on the market. Tested under a wide range of conditions, it provides a sustainable disinfection solution without any hazardous byproduct formation. The system ensures the highest disinfection performance to meet reuse standards.
- Presenters: Ralph Franco, Kirsten Meyer, Salvador Dominguez
- Innovative Solutions for CSO/Deep-Tunnel Projects (10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19) – Dive into a mechanical and digital solutions presentation with Xylem’s Flygt team, which will discuss how to maintain large pumps in deep CSO tunnels and the innovative technologies that have helped mitigate floods and increase recovery from challenges such as urban densification, population increases and climate change.
- Presenters: Asad Choudry, Mir Khan
- Reducing OPEX and Managing your Assets with Digital Solutions (11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19) – To manage assets, energy and process optimization, a variety of new digital Sanitaire solution technologies for conventional activated sludge plants help reduce annual costs and improve CAPEX budgeting plans.
- Presenters: Fran Pastors, Chris Taylor
- Online Process Monitoring for Treatment Optimization (1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19) – Xylem experts discuss how IQ SensorNet can help operators optimize their process and improve operational efficiency with continuous online data.
- Presenters: Ben Barker, Justin King
- Behind the Scenes of Securing Digital Solutions (2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19) – Xylem’s product security team provides a better understanding of how cybersecurity is built into the design and development of next-generation digital products. Learn about the work we do to safeguard customers and why partnerships are key in delivering on our commitment to safe and secure products.
- Presenters: Brian Geegan, Kenneth Crowther, Clay Carter
- Wastewater Network Management: How Utilities have Upended the Status Quo (3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 19) – Learn how cities are using wastewater network optimization solutions to mitigate challenges such as wet weather overflows to protect community health, while avoiding costly capital improvement projects and saving millions in wastewater system operations and maintenance.
- Presenter: Nicole Pasch
- A Glimpse Inside the Smith-Blair Factory: Dealing with Aging Infrastructure (9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 20) – Experience a virtual tour of Smith-Blair’s factory in Texarkana, Arkansas, to learn about the manufacturing process from start to finish of a large diameter 411 Bolted Compression Coupling, which is used to join a number of pipe types.
- Presenters: Tom Houston, Steve Palmore
- A Tour Through Xylem’s World-Class Service Center in Pewaukee (10 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 20) – Take a tour of the state-of-the-art Pewaukee Flygt custom pump facility and test site, highlighting reverse engineering, product upgrades and pump testing capabilities in the largest test pit in the western hemisphere.
- Presenters: Brian Geegan, Bill Skovsted
- Field Smart Technology and Godwin Pumps for Operational Continuity & Efficiency (11 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 20) – Explore the benefits of Field Smart Technology (FST), which provides remote monitoring of pumping systems to reduce onsite labor costs and support highly efficient operations.
- Presenters: Mike Ramos, Filmon Ogbaselase
To book a meeting with a Xylem specialist, either in-booth or virtually, and for more information, please visit: http://www.xylem.com/weftec
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to solving critical water and infrastructure challenges with innovation. Our more than 16,000 diverse employees delivered revenue of $4.88 billion in 2020. We are creating a more sustainable world by enabling our customers to optimize water and resource management, and helping communities in more than 150 countries become water-secure. Join us at www.xylem.com