American Concrete Institute Honors Outstanding Contributions to the Industry
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich (October 14, 2021) The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is pleased to recognize several individuals for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The Fall 2021 awardees consist of personal and paper award winners who will be recognized at the ACI Virtual Concrete Convention, October 17-21, 2021. Please join us by registering at aciconvention.org.
The following medals and awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
- ARTHUR R. ANDERSON MEDAL – Ron Klemencic
- ROGER H. CORBETTA CONCRETE CONSTRUCTOR AWARD – Chris A. Forster
- JOE W. KELLY AWARD – Mary Beth Deisz Hueste
- ALFRED E. LINDAU AWARD – Werner Fuchs
- HENRY C. TURNER MEDAL – Arturo Gaytan Covarrubias
- CHARLES S. WHITNEY MEDAL – Michael M. Sprinkel
- CONCRETE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Kimberly Waggle Kramer
- ACI EDUCATION AWARD – Cecil Jones
- WASON MEDAL FOR MOST MERITORIOUS PAPER – Emmanuel K. Attiogbe
- ACI SYMPOSIUM VOLUMES AWARD – Kjell Tore Fosså, Anton Gjørven, Kåre O. Hæreid, Jameel Khalifa, Widianto
- WASON MEDAL FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH – Deborah Glosser, O. Burkan Isgor, W. Jason Weiss
- METE A. SOZEN AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN STRUCTURAL RESEARCH – Shih-Ho Chao, Youngjae Choi
- ACI CONCRETE INTERNATIONAL AWARD – Scott Tarr
Learn more about each of the awards listed above at concrete.org.
For more information, contact:
Always advancing – The American Concrete Institute is a leading global authority for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, and educational, training, & certification programs. Founded in 1904, ACI is headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, with a regional office in Dubai, UAE, and a resource center in Southern California. Visit concrete.org for additional information.