DuPont Froth-Pak Spray Foam Introduces New Formulation to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Increases Performance While Helping to Eliminate Use of HFCs
- Significantly Reduces Global Warming Potential
- Advances DuPont’s 2030 Sustainability Goals
WILMINGTON, Del., MAY 13, 2021 – In support of its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while delivering sustainable innovation, DuPont (NYSE: DD) today announced a new standard for two-component polyurethane foams with the launch of the HFC-free Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam.
Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam, available this month, offers customers an innovative solution with a significant global warming potential (GWP) reduction, while helping advance DuPont’s 2030 Sustainability Goals. This product is compliant with currently enacted, as well as draft, U.S. State Hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) and Canadian GWP regulations. It also delivers GHG reductions in support of the Paris Climate Agreement along a timeline that is more aggressive than the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol.
The newly enhanced, innovative line of spray foam solutions deliver a global warming potential (GWP) reduction of more than 99 percent as compared to current formulations. Froth-Pak™ contains no ozone depleting chemicals or HFCs while elevating the performance attributes professional contractors expect from the market-leading, low-pressure spray foam brand.
“We are committed to the transition to more sustainable buildings, while ensuring our products continue to deliver the high level of performance our customers trust and expect,” said Amy Radka, retail marketing director, DuPont Performance Building Solutions. “HFC-free Froth-Pak™ is a demonstration of our continued commitment to providing the market with products that address environmental challenges while meeting the needs of our customers. We’re committed to delivering better solutions that address climate change, drive the circular economy, deliver safer solutions and help communities thrive.”
This latest innovation from DuPont represents the next step forward in the evolution of the Froth-Pak™ brand, introduced more than 50 years ago. Froth-Pak™ is the all-in-one self-contained and easily portable low-pressure spray foam kit designed for professional contractors. These heavy-duty, two-component foams work quickly and efficiently to fill larger gaps and penetrations, providing thermal, air, and moisture management that contributes to operational building energy efficiency over the lifetime of buildings.
- Proper air sealing and insulation with spray polyurethane foams such as Froth-Pak™, combined with HVAC systems, helps improve indoor air quality (IAQ), reducing air infiltration and the dust and allergens that come along with it.
- By controlling moisture intrusion, Froth-Pak™ closed cell products can mitigate the effects of moisture damage in the form of rot, decay and mold, improving building resilience.
- Properly installed sealing and insulation products such as Froth-Pak™ can save homeowners on average 30 percent on heating and cooling bills annually.
- Compatible with other materials used to obtain LEED certification such as Styrofoam™ Brand Insulation, Froth-Pak™ Spray Foams quickly adhere to a variety of building materials and substrates.
In addition to the elimination of HFC blowing agents, Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam now has improved curing time, reduction in overspray with new patent-pending application nozzles, and further improved closed cell content. Froth-Pak™ is available in variety of options and sizes, including:
- Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam Sealant – a two-component, quick-cure polyurethane foam that fills penetrations and cracks in rim joists, roof wall junctures and around pipes and ducts greater than 2″ and less than 4″ wide.
- Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam Insulation – a Class A Fire Rated two-component, quick-cure polyurethane foam that fills cavities, penetrations and cracks in rim joists, roof wall junctures and around pipes and ducts up to 2” thick.
The Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam reformulation is part of DuPont’s ‘Acting on Climate’ goal to achieve a 30 percent GHG reduction in our operations over ten years and carbon neutrality by 2050. The reformulation implements our Integrated Energy Strategy to address all sources of GHG emissions, including efforts to create low-carbon industrial processes, source low-carbon and renewable energy, and reduce our overall energy use. One-hundred percent of the electricity used to make Froth-Pak™ comes from renewable energy sources. Through this continued leadership and investment in globally sustainable products using technology and innovation, we aim to build energy-efficient, resilient and durable homes in a rapidly changing world.
For more information on Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam, visit www.frothpak.com.
About DuPont Performance Building Solutions
DuPont Performance Building Solutions is a global innovation leader in the building and construction industry, providing products and materials for all six sides of the building envelope. By developing solutions for managing the air, water and thermal performance of buildings and residences, we help our customers build energy-efficient, resilient, and durable shelters in a rapidly changing world. Backed by unmatched industry insight, building knowledge, and technical support, as well as world-class brands such as Styrofoam™ Brand, Tyvek®, and Great Stuff™, our products and services portfolio enables customers to focus on what they do best, no matter where and how they choose to build.
About DuPont Water & Protection
DuPont Water & Protection is a global leader in products and solutions that protect what matters – people, structures and the environment – and enables its customers to win through unique capabilities, global scale and iconic brands including Corian®, Kevlar®, Nomex® Tyvek®, Styrofoam™ and Filmtec™.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) is a global innovation leader with technology-based materials and solutions that help transform industries and everyday life. Our employees apply diverse science and expertise to help customers advance their best ideas and deliver essential innovations in key markets including electronics, transportation, construction, water, healthcare and worker safety. More information about the company, its businesses and solutions can be found at www.dupont.com. Investors can access information included on the Investor Relations section of the website at investors.dupont.com.
DuPont™, the DuPont Oval Logo, and all trademarks and service marks denoted with ™, ℠ or ® are owned by affiliates of DuPont de Nemours, Inc. unless otherwise noted.