AISI Publishes Five Cold-Formed Steel Test Standards
WASHINGTON, D.C. –The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) has published five cold-formed steel test standards. Three of the test standards have been updated, and two are new:
- AISI S903-20, Test Standard for Determining the Uniform and Local Ductility of Carbon and Low-Alloy Steels (updated)
- AISI S915-20, Test Standard for Determining the Strength and Deformation Behavior of Through-the-Web Punchout Cold-Formed Steel Wall Stud Bridging Connectors (updated)
- AISI S916-20, Test Standard for Determining the Strength and Stiffness of Cold-Formed Steel Framed Nonstructural Interior Partition Walls Sheathed With Gypsum Board (updated)
- AISI S923-20, Test Standard for Determining the Strength and Stiffness of Shear Connections of Composite Members (new)
- AISI S924-20, Test Standard for Determining the Effective Flexural Stiffness of Composite Members (new)
The test standards were developed by AISI’s Committee on Specifications for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members and are available for free download at www.aisistandards.org.
AISI test standards facilitate research and development leading to improved state-of-the-art solutions in steel for the construction market. They are often referenced in industry acceptance criteria and lead the way in establishing the performance characteristics of new and unique products and applications. The test standards are updated every five years.
AISI serves as the voice of the American steel industry in the public policy arena and advances the case for steel in the marketplace as the preferred material of choice. AISI also plays a lead role in the development and application of new steels and steelmaking technology. AISI’s membership is comprised of integrated and electric arc furnace steelmakers, and associate members who are suppliers to or customers of the steel industry. For more news about steel and its applications, view AISI’s website at www.steel.org. Follow AISI on Facebook or Twitter (@AISISteel). Follow AISI’s construction market news on @BuildUsingSteel.