Registration Open for DFI Middle East Online Conference
Hawthorne, N.J. : Registration is open for the DFI Middle East Conference being held online on February 16-18, 2021.
The theme of the fifth DFI Middle East conference is “Geotechnical Engineering for Delivering Sustainable, Cost-Effective Projects.” There are four technical sessions:
- Deep Foundation Piling
- Effective and Sustainable Design
- Ground Improvement
- Deep Mixing and QC/QA for Grouted Elements
This conference, organized by DFI’s Middle East Chapter, typically provides an opportunity for the region’s geotechnical engineering practitioners, academics and suppliers to exchange information and present the latest developments in the field of foundation design and construction; however, with the online platform, geoprofessionals from around the world are expected to participate.
Two keynote speakers have been invited to address selected topics:
- Professor Rolf Katzenbach Dr.-Ing. founder and co-owner of Katzenbach Engineers, past director of the Institute and Laboratory of Geotechnics at the Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany, and a board member of DFI Europe. His presentation is titled, “Sustainable Foundation of High-Rise Buildings in Soft Soil: Requirements and Recommendations for Technical Solutions.”
- Baran Ozsoy, technical director of AECOM. A seismologist, Ozsoy will address the latest experiences with recent megadevelopments in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
In addition to two keynote speakers, the event features two invited speakers:
- David Schoen, P.E., of S&ME, is presenting a lecture on “Using Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP) to Monitor Shaft Cooling System for Large Diameter Drilled Shafts.”
- Benjamin Turner, Ph.D., P.E., G.E., of Dan Brown and Associates, is delivering a presentation titled, “Incorporating Deep Foundations in Limit-Equilibrium Slope Stability Analyses: Revisiting Fundamentals and Seismic Applications.”
DFI and the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) are organizing a student program on the last day of the conference. The program introduces students to a day in the life of a geotechnical project. Speakers will highlight the investigation, design process, construction, instrumentation, monitoring and observational approach, and lessons learned.
Registration Open for DFI Middle East Online Conference -2-
Register at www.dfi.org/DFIMEC2021
About DFI Middle East
DFI Middle East was formed in 2010 following a successful Piling Summit in Dubai, UAE. The Regional Chapter provides joint membership in DFI and DFI Middle East and the added benefit of a local DFI presence.
About Deep Foundations Institute (DFI)
DFI is an international association of contractors, engineers, manufacturers, suppliers, academics and owners in the deep foundations industry. Our multidisciplinary membership creates a consensus voice and a common vision for continual improvement in the planning, design and construction of deep foundations and excavations. We bring together members for networking, education, communication and collaboration. With our members, we promote the advancement of the deep foundations industry through technical committees, educational programs and conferences, publications, research, government relations and outreach. DFI has more than 3,500 members worldwide.