GSA & DOE Seek Technologies for Healthy & Resilient Buildings
The U.S. General Services Administration’s Proving Ground (GPG) program, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), has issued a Request for Information (RFI) to obtain responses from vendors and other interested parties on resource-efficient technologies that improve commercial building health and resilience.
This year’s RFI is focused on resource-efficient technologies that:
- Maintain Healthy Indoor Air with integrated solutions, including efficient ventilation strategies, that mitigate threats to indoor air quality without compromising energy-efficient operations.
- Increase Building Resilience with technologies that extend passive survivability and/or support continuity of operations.
- Improve Onsite Photovoltaics (PV) with U.S. manufactured high-efficiency PV with improved materials construction, fabrication processes and/or installation methods, building-integrated photovoltaics, and innovative PV and storage systems.
The RFI will remain open until December 4th, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET. We encourage you to share this announcement with your broader network. To learn more about the RFI:
- Register for a webinar about the RFI to be held on November 5th at 1 pm ET
- Read more about the RFI on gsa.gov
- View the RFI posting on beta.sam.gov, Solicitation# JEZ47PA0121R0000
About GSA’s Proving Ground (GPG) Program
GSA’s Proving Ground program works with third-party evaluators to test innovative pre- and early-commercial building technologies in federally-owned buildings. The program enables GSA to make investment decisions in next-generation building technologies based on actual performance. Following favorable evaluation results, 23 GPG-evaluated technologies have been deployed in more than 500 facilities in GSA’s real-estate portfolio. www.gsa.gov/gpg.
About DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
The mission of DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) is to create and sustain American leadership in the transition to a global clean energy economy. Its vision is a strong and prosperous America powered by clean, affordable and secure energy.