Visual Intelligence Releases Geospatial Industry’s First Multi-Purpose Oblique/3D Sensor
Visual Intelligence today unveiled a new geoimaging solution for the rapidly growing oblique and 3D sensing market. The iOne n-Oblique is a multi-purpose, high-performance sensor that allows collection companies of all sizes to take advantage of new revenue opportunities related to oblique and 3D imagery. Visual Intelligence is unveiling the solution this week at the AUVSI Unmanned Systems 2013 conference in Washington, D.C.
“The emerging market for oblique and 3D imagery is an exciting opportunity for collection companies, and having the right technology will make all the difference in pursuing these revenue opportunities. The iOne n-Oblique is the first and only multi-purpose sensor for capturing oblique/3D imagery, giving collection companies of all sizes a solution that is flexible, powerful and cost-effective,” said Visual Intelligence CEO and President Dr. Armando Guevara. “Our motto at Visual Intelligence is ‘Collect More. Do More. For Less’, and the iOne n-Oblique affirms our commitment to those principles by providing a solution that is more productive, less expensive and more accurate than single-purpose solutions that are being marketed for oblique and 3D use. There’s no comparison because we offer more performance at half the cost. The iOne n-Oblique wins hands down.”
The iOne n-Oblique takes advantage of the iOne Sensor Tool Kit Architecture (STKA) that recently received the 2013 Technology Innovation in Sensors Award from Geospatial Forum. The iOne STKA is a next-generation software/hardware foundation for high-performing, multi-purpose 2D-3D geoimaging sensors for aerial, terrestrial and mobile applications. Using the power of the iOne STKA platform, the iOne n-Oblique offers a number of advantages to small and large collection companies:
- Can be flown higher and faster than any competing solution in the market
- Multipurpose reconfigurable to an iOne Stereo large area collection system with industry’s only engineering accuracy of .6 b/h
- Delivers equivalent or superior performance than other competing solutions at a significantly lower price
- Can be flown with or without a gyro stabilizing mount (GSM) and is designed to integrate with Flight Management process
- Enables fully-automated workflow for virtual frame generation readily ingestible by photogrammetric suites such as Dat/EM
- Leverages open architecture for imagery and point cloud ingestion by any third party 3D tools like piX4D and SIMACTIVE
- Utilizes industry-leading iOne Isis software, which provides the most advanced and efficient QA/QC tools for in-the-field rapid imagery collection evaluation
- Comes in two standard configurations that are optimized to support both low altitude and high altitude collection
- Captures 3D cities with 100% oblique coverage
- Configuration produces “Pictometry-like” 4-Building side views
- Able to capture 2.0 inch resolution at nadir and 2.5 inch resolution on the oblique cameras at an altitude of 2,500 feet
- Able to capture 1.25 inch resolution at nadir and 1.5 inch resolution on the oblique cameras at an altitude of 1,500 feet
- Absolute CE 2x GSD or better (Vertical is 3x GSD)
- Closely matches Oblique and Nadir GSD (a 3D Driver)
- Generates DSM and Roof Textures from NADIR (0.34 B/H)
- Able to accommodate different lens combinations
- Full mission data downloads 40 mins, and mission to download time 1:2 or less
In addition to unveiling the iOne n-Oblique solution at the UAVSI conference this week, Visual Intelligence also announced a patent for technology that enables mobile, miniaturized 3D camera sensors. For more information about that news, visit www.visualintell.com.
About Visual Intelligence
Visual Intelligence LP, founded in 2003, is a leading software sensor technology company, delivering world class geoimaging solutions for airborne, terrestrial and mobile applications. The company has a rich history of industry innovations, including USGS Sensor Type Certification, numerous Patents and the World Geospatial Forum Sensor Technology Innovation 2013 Award. Using the iOne Software Sensor Tool Kit Architecture, the company delivers to the geospatial market place the iOne™ family of sensors — the most economical, best performing, reliable, modular and scalable family of oblique/3D and engineering mapping multipurpose geoimaging sensors and actionable information generation. For more information please visit www.visualintell.com.