American Concrete Institute Announces ACI Concrete Convention’s Virtual Technical Presentations
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. – Following cancellation of the recent ACI Concrete Convention this past March due to COVID-19, the American Concrete Institute announces its ACI Concrete Convention’s Virtual Technical Presentations will be hosted June 1-3, 2020. An online learning experience brought to you by ACI University, these virtual technical presentations originally scheduled for the ACI Concrete Convention will now be delivered virtually, and include:
Monday, June 1, 2020
- Open Topic Session, Part 1 of 2 (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- Low Strength – Practice and Perils (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- IBC-Compliant Concrete Construction & Laser Scans and Drones in Concrete Floor Construction (2:00pm – 3:00pm)
- Textile-Reinforced Cement Composites – New Applications and Repair Materials (2:00pm – 4:00pm)
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
- Design, Construction, and Performance of Continuously Reinforced Concrete Pavements (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- Rethinking Reinforcement for 3-D Printed Cementitious Composites, Part 1 of 2 (2:00pm – 4:00pm)
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
- Open Topic Session, Part 2 of 2 (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- Bond Development in New Types of Concrete Reinforcement, Part 1 of 2 (11:00am – 1:00pm)
- Rethinking Reinforcement for 3-D Printed Cementitious Composites, Part 2 of 2 (2:00pm – 4:00pm)
- Bond Development in New Types of Concrete Reinforcement, Part 2 of 2 (2:00pm – 4:00pm)
Along with 20 total hours of specialized knowledge regarding concrete materials, design, construction, and repair, attendees to the virtual presentations may also receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a certificate of completion for the technical presentations they attend.
“While we are all still adapting to both the virtual environment and our current circumstance, I am thankful for the resiliency of our global community and our ability to offer these informative virtual presentations,” stated Ronald G. Burg, PE, Executive Vice President, American Concrete Institute. “And that even in this challenging time, the ACI Concrete Convention continues to be the world’s gathering place for advancing concrete.”
The technical presentations are free to all ACI members, ACI University all-access digital subscribers, and registered attendees to the cancelled ACI Concrete Convention in Rosemont/Chicago. Visit ACIConvention.com/Virtual to register for the virtual technical presentations.
Thank you to the major sponsors that supported the ACI Concrete Convention in Rosemont/Chicago, IL, USA. These sponsors include Baker Concrete Construction, BASF, Euclid Chemical, Forta Corporation, and GCP Applied Technologies.
Always advancing – Founded in 1904 with a headquarters in Farmington Hills, MI, USA, and a regional office in Dubai, UAE, the American Concrete Institute is a leading authority and resource worldwide for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, educational & training programs, certification programs, and proven expertise for individuals and organizations involved in concrete design, construction, and materials, who share a commitment to pursuing the best use of concrete. For additional information, visit concrete.org.