American Concrete Institute Honors Outstanding Contributions to the Industry
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (March 10, 2020) – The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is pleased to recognize several professionals, groups, and companies for their outstanding contributions and dedication to ACI and the concrete industry. The 2020 honorees include the induction of Honorary Members, ACI’s highest honor, which recognizes persons of eminence in the field of the Institute’s interest, or one who has performed extraordinary meritorious service to the Institute. The following six individuals are inducted as Honorary Members: Dean A. Browning, Gary J. Klein, Harald S. Müller, Genaro L. Salinas, Eldon (Tipp) G. Tipping, and James K. Wight.
ACI is also pleased to recognize 22 individuals for maintaining their membership and participating in ACI activities for at least five decades. Additionally, ACI honors 18 new Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the production or use of concrete materials, products, and structures in the areas of education, research, development, design, construction, or management.
The following medals and awards recognize exemplary achievement, groundbreaking research, and service to ACI and the concrete industry:
- ARTHUR R. ANDERSON MEDAL – W. Jason Weiss
- ROGER H. CORBETTA CONCRETE CONSTRUCTOR AWARD – The American Society of Concrete Contractors (ASCC)
- JOE W. KELLY AWARD – Robert J. Frosch
- HENRY L. KENNEDY AWARD – Frances T. Griffith
- ALFRED E. LINDAU AWARD – Donald F. Meinheit
- HENRY C. TURNER MEDAL – Concrete Industry Management (CIM)
- CHARLES S. WHITNEY MEDAL – Robert L. and Terry L. Bowen Laboratory for Large-Scale Civil Engineering Research, Purdue University
- CEDRIC WILLSON LIGHTWEIGHT AGGREGATE CONCRETE AWARD – Mauricio López
- CONCRETE SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – Maria Juenger
- ACI CERTIFICATION AWARD – Mark A. Cheek, J. Mitchell Englestead, Janet Owens White
- ACI STRATEGIC ADVANCEMENT AWARD – Anne M. Ellis
- WALTER P. MOORE, JR. FACULTY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – Benjamin Z. Dymond
- ACI EDUCATION AWARD – Hakim Bouadi
- ACI YOUNG MEMBER AWARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT – Francisco D. Anguiano Perez, Sourabh Surendra Manjrekar
- WASON MEDAL FOR MOST MERITORIOUS PAPER – Daniel I. Castaneda, Jacob D. Henschen, David A. Lange
- ACI CONSTRUCTION AWARD – James Klinger, Tim Manherz, Frank P. Salzano, Bruce A. Suprenant
- WASON MEDAL FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH – Mohamed T. Bassuoni, Mohammad Tiznobaik
- METE A. SOZEN AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN STRUCTURAL RESEARCH – Mohammed Galal El-Gendy, Ehab El-Salakawy
- ACI DESIGN AWARD – Jennifer Greenawalt, Mark J. Tamaro, Zachary Kates
- DELMAR L. BLOEM DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD – Timothy S. Folks, Keith Kesner, Mustafa Mahamid, Jeff Speck
- CHAPTER ACTIVITIES AWARD – Mark J. Keister, Pankaj Subhash Shah, Wayne M. Wilson
ACI Foundation Awards
- ARTHUR J. BOASE AWARD – Frank J. Vecchio, John W. Wallace
- ROBERT E. PHILLEO AWARD – Kamal H. Khayat
Learn more about each of the awardees listed above at concrete.org.
For more information, contact:
American Concrete Institute | Always advancing
Always advancing – Founded in 1904 with a headquarters in Farmington Hills, MI, USA, and a regional office in Dubai, UAE, the American Concrete Institute is a leading authority and resource worldwide for the development, dissemination, and adoption of its consensus-based standards, technical resources, educational & training programs, certification programs, and proven expertise for individuals and organizations involved in concrete design, construction, and materials, who share a commitment to pursuing the best use of concrete. For additional information, visit www.concrete.org.