Dewberry Announces Promotions in Raleigh, North Carolina
Dewberry has announced the promotion of nearly 60 employees nationwide, including seven staff members in its Raleigh, North Carolina, office. The promotions coincide with Dewberry’s ongoing expansion of engineering, architectural, and consulting services in the Southeast, where the firm has practiced since 1975.
These promotions include:
- Matt West, PE, LEED AP, has been promoted to vice president and business unit manager. In his role, West oversees the site/civil, surveying, water/wastewater, transportation, and environmental groups in the firm’s Raleigh office. West earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from North Carolina State University (2004). He is a member of the Water Environment Federation (WEF), American Water Works Association (AWWA), and the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME).
- Peter Andersen, PE, has been promoted to associate vice president. Andersen is the electrical department manager for the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) group in the Raleigh office, and corporately serves as chief electrical engineer. He has served a variety of clients, including those in the water/wastewater, healthcare, higher education, science and technology, industrial, and military markets. Andersen earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Clemson University (1985), and is a member of the American Society for Healthcare Engineering and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Sidney Mitchell, PE, has been promoted to senior associate. He is a principal engineer and the electrical healthcare department manager in the MEP group. Mitchell’s expertise includes electrical power, emergency power, lighting, telecommunications, fire alarm, and security systems for healthcare, education, and commercial facilities. He earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from North Carolina State University (1992), and is a member of the National Fire Protection Association
- Leigh-Ann Dudley, PE; Matthew Payne, PE, PMP; and Lacey Martin have been promoted to associate. Dudley is a project manager in the water/wastewater group where she provides treatment plant process evaluations and troubleshooting, bench and pilot scale treatability studies, concept level design, land-based treatment systems, and regulatory negotiation and permitting for industrial clients, including those in the pharmaceutical, chemical, food and beverage, and power markets. She earned a master’s degree in environmental engineering (2012) and a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering (2010), both from North Carolina State University. She is a member of WEF and AWWA. Payne is a senior project manager in the transportation group and has building and infrastructure experience on a variety of highway, rail, aviation, and waterfront structure projects completed in the U.S. and abroad. He earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (1998) and is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers. Martin is the marketing manager for the Southeast region, and oversees a marketing staff of more than 10, representing 22 offices. She earned a bachelor’s in history from Brigham Young University (2006), and is a member of the Society for Marketing Professional Services and SAME.
- Beth Steffens, PE, has been promoted to site/civil department manager. She specializes in utility design, site design, permitting, and construction management, and her clients have included those in the private, municipal, and state government sectors. Steffens earned a bachelor’s degree in mining engineering from The Pennsylvania State University (1999), and is a member of AWWA, the National Society of Professional Engineers, Professional Engineers of North Carolina, and the Raleigh Engineers Club.