Ecocity Builders Announces the Ecocity CoLab
Ecocity Builders presents Ecocity CoLab, a unique coworking space designed to foster innovation and collaboration among individuals and organizations dedicated to creating sustainable communities. The CoLab project addresses the need for increased partnership between groups who are working on sustainable development issues, recognizing that fostering collaboration in the right environment can accelerate social change.
Desk space will be available starting August 15th 2013, at $425/month with an expected 6 month sub-lease agreement with Ecocity Builders. We are currently taking limited reservations for the spaces available.
Ecocity CoLab is located on the second floor of the recently renovated historic White Building in Downtown Oakland, only a few blocks from both 12th and 19th street BART stations. Amenities include:
- Close to public transportation and beautiful Lake Merritt
- In a bustling, historic business district with numerous business resources such as printing, banking, design, mailing and legal services.
- Numerous restaurants and other local businesses in a 5 block radius
- Near to headquarters of other urban/green organizations such as TransForm, Urban Habitat, BayLocalize and StopWaste .org as well as Oakland City Planning and Development offices.
- Nearby donation-based yoga studio provides affordable lunchtime “recharge” and morning classes
Ecocity Co-Lab office
- Historic building, floor-to-ceiling windows = a sunny, open space
- Secure-keys for office door as well as downstairs gate
- Private meeting/presentation room
- WiFi, printer, scanner, basic office supplies
- Knowledge database and library with Ecocity Builders publications and other eco-literature
- Kitchenette with free coffee and tea
As we continue to build…
- Secure bike storage, mail box, locking storage cabinets
- Starting in 2014 Ecocity Builders will additionally facilitate CoLab events, training, professional development courses, discussions and symposiums on current topics and new directions in the field, as well as a forum for our network members to connect and share ideas and best practices.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
or to reserve desk space contact Tawni Aaron – firstname.lastname@example.org
cc Kirstin Miller email@example.com