Xylem to Showcase Holistic Solutions and Expertise for Water Resilience, Treatment and Clean Water Pumping at AWWA ACE 2019
DENVER – Today’s modern critical water issues, including harmful algal blooms, deterioration of water supplies, and drinking water management are the focus of global water technology leader Xylem’s treatment and transport solutions on display at the 2019 American Water Works Association (AWWA) Annual Conference & Exposition (ACE) at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, June 9-12.
“Utilities not only require integrated technologies and smart systems to solve contemporary water challenges, they also need the expertise and partnership of a water solutions provider to effectively implement a multifaceted water management program,” said Ron Askin, Vice President, Sales, Water Utilities, Xylem. “We have the capability to help our customers with everything from water scarcity and quality issues, to potable water management, all while being environmentally and fiscally conscious.”
Xylem’s treatment and transport offering will be featured among its data and analytics portfolio, and measurement and communication solutions at booth #1503.
- Leopold water resilience solution – The Leopold® Oxelia ozone enhanced biologically active filtration system is an integrated multi-barrier treatment train that can treat existing surface water or wastewater for drinking water and water reuse. The solution optimizes ozone, filtration and analytic instrumentation into a reliable and easy to maintain solution to achieve consistent, high-quality performance while reducing operational costs by up to 25 percent.
- Harmful algal bloom mitigation solutions – Xylem is the only company in the industry with the expertise and breadth of portfolio to provide the lowest lifecycle cost and most effective solution to increase the resilience of water treatment systems to harmful algal blooms, including: ozone, ultraviolet disinfection, dissolved air floatation (DAF), and advanced oxidation processes (AOP).
- Drinking water pumping solution – Xylem’s suite of highly efficient pumps in multiple sizes and configurations for the intake of raw water, filter backwash, water transfer and distribution, and pressure boosting, address all applications within a water treatment plant and distribution network.
Other industry-leading products on display include:
- Xylem multistage lineshaft vertical turbine pumps are designed for wet pit, open sump, or deep well pumping, and are ideal for applications with suction lift concerns and those requiring easy access to electrical components for reduced downtime and operational costs.
- Extending the vertical turbine pump capabilities, the Xylem e-XC double suction split case pump, soon-to-be-available in more than 140 models, has a proprietary mechanical seal that minimizes leakage, protects equipment from excessive wear, and extends pump life while reducing lifecycle costs.
- Flygt A-C series large custom column pumps and custom split case pumps provide best-in-class efficiencies go beyond the e-XC’s capacity for some of the world’s largest pumping applications, including water intake and distribution.
- Xylem’s Goulds Water Technology e-SV vertical multistage pumps are energy efficient and versatile pumps built to withstand corrosive, mechanically aggressive and high temperature liquids, extending uptime across a variety of demanding applications.
- The Xylem e-MP multistage pump is designed for virtually any high-pressure application, such as boiler feed, dewatering, water transport, filter systems, etc., in both vertical and horizontal configurations for maximum flexibility of system design.
- Augmented reality of Xylem’s Wedeco K143 Series UV Disinfection System, a closed-vessel UV reactor made for the efficient treatment of drinking water that ensures Cryptosporidium, Giardia and virus inactivation of up to 99.99 percent with continuous system monitoring using highly selective calibrated UV sensors.
Xylem’s corporate citizenship and social investment program Watermark, will also be featured at the booth, highlighting the Company’s mission to provide and protect safe water resources for communities in need around the world. Watermark efforts are focused on water sanitation and hygiene, water scarcity and water access, water education and disaster relief.
AWWA ACE attendees can learn more about building a smart utility network by visiting Xylem at booth #1503, June 9-12. In addition to showcasing its water treatment and transport solutions, the Company will also demonstrate the latest measurement and communication solutions along with its data and analytics portfolio.
For more information please visit: http://www.xylem.com/ace
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s approximately 17,000 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York, with 2018 revenue of $5.2 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.