ASCE Institute Announces Inaugural Joint International Conference with the Institution of Structural Engineers (UK)
Reston, Va. — Today, the Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) announces an inaugural joint international conference with the Institution of Structural Engineers (UK) called Iconic Global Structure: What Can We Learn?
Join structural engineers, architects and project stakeholders to explore the successes and challenges of constructing iconic global structures. Keynote speakers will share experiences from three complex building styles: large volume public occupancy, unusual structures (typical codes do not apply) and performance-based design of tall buildings. Interactive panel discussions will explore design and construction demands and globally connected solutions.
- Learn from experts in iconic projects spanning Asia, Middle East, North America, and Western Europe
- Dialog on advancing global interoperability and improving collaboration among international teams
- Explore financial and economic considerations of large-scale international construction projects
- Discuss lessons learned on standards of professional competence, building codes, and legal/regulatory
- Understand design and construction in an ever-evolving interconnected environment
WHAT: Iconic Global Structures: What Can We Learn?
WHO/PANELS: ASCE Structural Engineering Institute and Institution of Structural Engineers
Large Volume Public Occupancy
- Museum of the Future, Dubai -Christopher Wodzicki, BuroHappold Engineering Services Directory
- Singapore Sports Hub – William Whitby Associate Director, Arup
- Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London – Rob Amphlett, UK Sports Sector Leader, BuroHappold
Unusual Structures – typical codes do not apply
- Dubai Frame – Ian Burns, Regional Technical Director, Arcadis Consulting Middle East Limited
- London Eye – John Roberts, Executive Director of Operations, Jacobs UK Ltd; Kevin Dyer, Director – Technical Services, L&E Ain Dubai, Meraas
- Vegas High Roller – Mary Ferguson, Senior Structural Engineer, Arup
Performance -Based Design of Tall Buildings
- Jeddah Tower – John Peronto, Principal, Thornton Tomasetti; Peter Weismantle, Director of Supertall Building Technology, AS+GG
- Salesforce Tower, San Francisco – Ron Klemencic, Chairman and CEO, Magnusson Klemencic Associates; Edward Dionne, Principal, Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
- Shanghai Tower – Jiemin Ding, Chief Engineer, Tongji Architectural Design (Group) Co., Ltd.; Jiliang Chen, Deputy Chief Architect, Tongji Architectural Design (Group) Co., Ltd.
WHEN: September 29-30, 2019 in Dubai, UAE
WHERE: Radisson Blu Hotel
Dubai Deira Creek, Bani Yas Road
Dubai 476, United Arab Emirates
*Register by June 7 for best rate at https://structuresdubai2019.cvent.com and use Twitter hashtag #globalstructures
*Registration deadline: September 3. Registrations will not be accepted after September 3.
Media interested in attending should contact Alexa Lopez at (202) 789-7853 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the conference, contact Louise McKenna, The Institution of Structural Engineers, UK, email@example.com, +44 (0)20 7201 9824 or Structural Engineering Institute of ASCE, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.asce.org/SEI.
ABOUT THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CIVIL ENGINEERS
Founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers represents more than 150,000 civil engineers worldwide and is America’s oldest national engineering society. ASCE works to raise awareness of the need to maintain and modernize the nation’s infrastructure using sustainable and resilient practices, advocates for increasing and optimizing investment in infrastructure, and improve engineering knowledge and competency. For more information, visit www.asce.org or www.infrastructurereportcard.org and follow us on Twitter, @ASCETweets and @ASCEGovRel.