CFSEI Announces Program for 2019 Expo
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) has announced the program for the 2019 CFSEI Expo, which will be held June 4-6, 2019 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago – Magnificent Mile, 300 E. Ohio in Chicago, Illinois. This event is designed for architects, builders/contractors and engineers, with an educational program geared toward both skilled cold-formed steel (CFS) framing professionals as well as newcomers. The 2019 CFSEI Expo will also include an exposition featuring state-of-the-art innovations, technologies and principles in cold-formed steel framing. The two-day conference is the only one of its kind dedicated to the cold-formed steel framing industry.
A highlight for this year is a tour of the USG Corporate Innovation Center (CIC) in Libertyville, Illinois, which will take place on Tuesday, June 4, 2019. At the CIC, USG professionals from the fields of material science, chemical, mechanical and civil engineering, physical, inorganic and analytical chemistry and architecture develop and support innovative products, formulations and technologies. The tour will include visits to the various ceilings, gypsum, performance materials, acoustics research and building systems laboratories, with special visits to the fire testing lab, a review of the full-scale roof uplift apparatus, as well as a tour of the wall acoustics lab. Participants must be registered for the full conference in order to access the tour.
The Expo technical sessions provide PDH credits and include these topics:
- “Floored: Innovative Options With Cold-Formed Steel Floor Systems” – Don Allen, P.E., Super Stud Building Products
- “Acoustic and Cold-Formed Steel Design” – Andrew Schmidt, United States Gypsum Corporation
- “The Rise of Worldwide Permanent Modular Construction” – Michael Lynch, P.E., Murray Engineering
- “Working With Remote Employees” – Jeffrey M. Klaiman, P.E., ADTEK Engineers, Inc.
- “Roundtable: Framing for the Future – Beyond 24” on Center” – Thomas Sputo, Ph.D., P.E., S.E., Steel Deck Institute; Kirsten Zeydel, S.E., Digital Building Components; Don Allen, P.E., Super Stud Building Products; Kara Peterman, Ph.D., University of Massachusetts Amherst; and Kim Olson, P.E., Steel Tube Institute
- “Young Engineers Panel” – Julie Lowery, P.E., Zabik Turner Engineering; Andrew Newland, P.E., ADTEK Engineers, Inc.; and Daniel Stadig, P.E., The Leffler Group
- “Cold-Formed Steel Trusses” – Aegis Metal Framing
- “What’s Hot on the Steel Hotline (1-800-79STEEL)” – Roger LaBoube, Ph.D., P.E., Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures
- “Cold-Formed Steel Design Forum” – Jennifer Zabik, P.E., S.E., Zabik Turner Engineering and Roger LaBoube, Ph.D., P.E., Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures
- “Lessons Learned From a General Contractor” – Corey Zussman, Pepper Construction Company
- “Fire and Cold-Formed Steel Design” – Kyle Flonder, United States Gypsum Corporation
The CFSEI Awards Presentation will take place on Thursday, June 6, 2019, with winners announced in the Project and Innovative Detail categories as well as the John P. Matsen Award for Distinguished Service.
CFSEI Expo sponsorship opportunities are still available at the Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Supporter levels. CFSEI wishes to thank the current sponsors:
- Platinum: Aegis Metal Framing, ClarkDietrich Building Systems, USG Corporation
- Silver: CEMCO Steel Framing, Simpson Strong-Tie Company, Inc.
- Bronze: Argos Systems, Marino\WARE, TrusSteel
For more information on registration, sponsorship opportunities and awards, visit www.cfsei.org.
The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute comprises hundreds of structural engineers and other design professionals who are finding a better way to produce safe and efficient designs for commercial and residential structures with cold-formed steel. CFSEI members work together to develop and evolve industry standards and design methods, produce and issue technical bulletins, and provide seminars and online training to improve the knowledge and skills base of engineers and design professionals. For more information, visit www.cfsei.org