Leica BLK3D Recognised by Prestigious Global Awards for Innovation, Engineering, Design
(HEERBRUGG, SWITZERLAND, 23 January 2019) Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, today announced its ground-breaking Leica BLK3D 3D imager has earned multiple prestigious global design and innovation awards. The first BLK3D units began shipping to customers last month.
Designed to impact the work of professionals across a range of industries, including architecture, construction, public safety and real estate, the compact handheld BLK3D improves productivity by enabling instant, precise 3D measurements from any image it captures.
Accolades for the Leica BLK3D include:
- CES 2019 Innovation Awards Best of Innovation Honouree. The annual CES Innovation Awards programme celebrates outstanding product design and engineering in brand-new consumer technology products across 28 product categories.
- BAKA Award for Product Innovation 2019. Announced at the international construction trade fair BAU in Munich, Germany, the BLK3D secured this special prize for its innovative technology, design quality, efficiency and versatility. The award recognises exceptional product ideas and solutions for use in renovation and renewal projects.
- 2018 Good Design Award. Acknowledges the BLK3D as a ground-breaking measurement innovation designed to create an intuitive user experience.
- Wichmann Innovation Awards. Recognised for its innovation, user-friendliness and practicality, the BLK3D was awarded the first-place prize for hardware in the Wichmann Innovations Award programme held during INTERGEO in Frankfurt, Germany. The Wichmann awards are decided jointly by a panel of experts and votes from the industry.
- Prism Awards Finalist 2019. Sponsored by the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE), the Prism Awards for Photonics Innovation is a leading international competition that honours the best new photonic products on the market. The BLK3D has been selected has a finalist in the Imaging & Cameras category.
“The Leica BLK3D is a clear example of how Leica Geosystems and Hexagon are leading the democratisation of reality capture – it’s so easy to operate virtually anyone can use it,” said Tobias Heller, Senior Product Manager, Hexagon’s Geosystems Division. “The BLK3D simplifies data collection and makes exclusive technologies available to a wide variety of professionals, helping to further digitalise traditionally manual industries. It represents a perfect fusion of robustness and simplicity with ergonomic and appealing design, and its multiple award wins are testament to this.”
The BLK3D is available to order from www.blk3d.com. The introductory package includes the BLK3D imager, BLK3D mission kit, and BLK3D software including the BLK3D Sketch & Document, BLK3D Desktop and BLK3D Desktop 3D Modeller (1 year licenses).
For more information and technical specifications, visit www.blk3d.com
Leica Geosystems – when it has to be right
Revolutionising the world of measurement and survey for nearly 200 years, Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, creates complete solutions for professionals across the planet. Known for premium products and innovative solution development, professionals in a diverse mix of industries, such as aerospace and defence, safety and security, construction, and manufacturing, trust Leica Geosystems for all their geospatial needs. With precise and accurate instruments, sophisticated software, and trusted services, Leica Geosystems delivers value every day to those shaping the future of our world.
Hexagon is a global leader in digital solutions that create Autonomous Connected Ecosystems (ACE). Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 20,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.5bn EUR.