Ritchie Bros. Sells US$50+ Million of Equipment in Houston, TX
HOUSTON, TX – Ritchie Bros. ended its 2018 Houston auction season with a strong event this week, selling US$50+ million of equipment and setting multiple site records.
Approximately 5,600 people from 58 countries registered to bid in the November 6 – 7, 2018 auction—setting a new Houston site record—including 4,100+ people registering to bid online. U.S. buyers purchased approximately 88 percent of the equipment, including 45 percent purchased by Texas buyers, while international buyers from such countries as Mexico, New Zealand, and The Netherlands purchased 12 percent of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 59 percent of the assets.
“We had a couple of great days here in Houston, setting new site records for bidders and consignors and selling more equipment than we ever have before in November,” said Alan McVicker, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. “Even with the midterm elections on Day One of the sale, we still saw record attendance. Contractors continue to be optimistic about current and future project work, resulting in active bidding and strong pricing across the board.”
Mr. McVicker continued, “I’d like to thank all the consignors and buyers at our Houston auctions this year. Our final Texas auction of 2018 will be in Fort Worth on December 11 & 12 and we have items selling through our IronPlanet weekly auctions and Marketplace-E through the end of the year. Our next Houston auction will be in February 2019.”
Equipment highlights in the two-day auction included 345+ truck tractors, 100+ excavators, 75+ skid steers, 55+ cranes, 50+ compactors, 50+ loader backhoes, 35+ dozers, 90+ flatbed trucks, 25 agricultural tractors, and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment highlights:
- Four 2015 Kenworth W900 T/A hot oil trucks sold for a combined US$1 million
- Three 2013 Terex RT670 70-ton 4x4x4 rough terrain cranes sold for a combined US$637,500
- Two 2012 Grove RT765E2 65-ton 4×4 rough terrain cranes sold for a combined US$540,000
- Two 1979 Caterpillar D8K w/ Midwestern M583C hydraulic crawler pipelayers sold for a combined US$375,000
- A 2015 Caterpillar D8T dozer sold for US$290,000
- A 2014 Caterpillar 730C 6,000-gallon 6×6 water wagon sold for US$195,000
- A 2016 Toyota THD5500-48 55,000-lb forklift sold for US$195,000
- A 2015 John Deere 872GP AWD motor grader sold for US$175,000
- A 2013 Bomag MPH364R-2 pulvimixer sold for US$152,500
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: HOUSTON, TX (November 2018)
- Total gross transactional value – US$50+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$29+ million (59 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – 5,600+
- Registered online bidders – 4,100+
- Total lots sold – 4,650+
- Number of sellers – 675
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 50,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale in its upcoming onsite unreserved auctions, IronPlanet weekly online auctions, Marketplace-E and its other marketplaces. For a complete list of upcoming auctions and equipment available, visit rbauction.com and ironplanet.com.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros.Auctioneers, the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet, an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplace-E, an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus, a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty, offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet, TruckPlanet, Kruse Energy Auctioneers, and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com