September – October 2018 Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Engineered Solutions: Modernizing Infrastructure to Keep Costs Low and Profit Margins High
By Rajesh Ram
- Madison Square Park Tower: Slender, Inverted, Remarkable
By Mark Scacco, P.E.
- Tulsa’s ‘Gathering Place’ Brings a Community Together
By John R. Hughes
- Infrastructure Digitization: Two Industry Analysts Discuss Recent Tech Efforts from Autodesk and Bentley
By Drew Buechley and Angus Stocking, L.S.
- Redmond Elementary School’s Stormwater Detention System
- Optimal Surroundings: Engineering Is Critical to Optimize a Fabric Building for Your Application
By Jeff Williams and Scott Jones
- Staying on Track: CSX Leads a Reline for Timber-Beam Bridges in Georgia
- PDH: Guidance for Designing External Stormwater Diversion Structures
By Seth Sokol, P.E.
- PDH: Designing, Modeling and Labeling ADA-Compliant Ramps with Civil Cells
By Kevin Jackson
- From the Editor: Managing a $10 Trillion Construction Industry
By Mark J. Scacco, P.E.
- Reengineering The Engineer: Teaching IPD: Integrated Project Dharma
By Douglas G. Fitzpatrick, P.E.
- Executive Corner: Is It Time for a Shareholders’ Agreement Tune-Up?
By Ian Rusk
- Code Update: A Seismic Monitoring Systems Snapshot for Building Code Compliance in California
By Leonid Zimakov, PhD
- Infrastructure Outlook: We Need 21st Century Solutions for America’s Infrastructure
By Bill Shuster (R-PA), House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman
- Legal Issues : When (and How) Should a Mediator Evaluate a Case?
By Scott Gurney
- Project Management Insights: When Everyone Is a PM, No One Is a PM
By Christine Brack, PMP
- Final Thoughts: Which Costumes Have You Worn Throughout Your Engineering Career?
By Rob Schickel, P.E.
- Specification Section: 2018 Retaining Wall and Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) Guide
- Future Forward: Curtis Tongue
- Change Leader: Elizabeth Dubeck