Indoor Location Technology Major Thrust for Location Intelligence 2013
Location Intelligence 2013 will feature an entire track dedicated to indoor positioning, real-time location analytics and SoLoMo, social-local-mobile applications in location-based marketing. The indoor location technology market for retailers has been pegged at $5 billion by 2018 by ABI Research.
Now in its ninth year, the Location Intelligence Conference features the emerging trends that support the integration of location technology with business intelligence. With retailers looking for more ways to promote products and support loyalty programs, the battlefield for attracting customers to physical locations is moving indoors. New methods have emerged to route customers to specific aisles and displays using a variety of wireless technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth.
Companies representing the leaders in indoor location technology will be presenting at LI 2013 including:
- Jeff Hardison, a vice president with Meridian, helped concept and launch the company’s indoor positioning and navigation SDKs for iOS and Android apps.
- Todd Sherman is the chief marketing officer with Point Inside.
- Kris Kolodziej, vice president of location services, aisle411, is an MIT grad and author of the book “Local Positioning Systems: LBS Services and Applications.”
- Jon Rosen, WirelessWERX, leads business and corporate development efforts along with market strategy. Rosen ran strategy and business development at AOL Search.
- Rip Gerber is the founder of Loc-aid, a “location-as-a-service” (LaaS) company. Gerber was the former GM and CMO at Nokia.
- Stéphane Gervais-Ducouret is the current global marketing director for embedded board solutions at Freescale, an innovator of connected technologies.
- Cormac Conroy is a vice president at Qualcomm and leads the technology and product development for all of Qualcomm’s GPS/GNSS and end-to-end location technology and products.
The conference will be held May 21-22 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. The event is held in cooperation with Oracle Corporation, which will host their annual Oracle Spatial & Graph User Conference. More information about the conference can be found at: www.locationintelligence.net
About Directions Media
Directions Media is the global leader in collectively covering all aspects of location technology: geographic information systems (GIS), location intelligence, digital mapping and location-based services (LBS).
Directions Media, with offices in Huntsville, Alabama and Glencoe, Illinois, encompasses five media properties: Directions Magazine, Directions Magazine India, , and All Points Blog as well as the Location Intelligence and GEO Huntsville annual conferences. More information can be found at www.DirectionsMedia.net.