SEAOI Celebrates Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards
Chicago, IL: The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) will hold its Annual Banquet and present the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards on Saturday, June 9, 2018 at the Museum of Broadcast Communcations in downtown Chicago. This event is the highlight of the SEAOI activities each year. In addition to announcing the winners of the 2018 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards and honoring recipients of the John F. Parmer, SEAOI Service and Outstanding Young Engineer Awards, the 2018 – 2019 SEAOI officers will be introduced.
The finalist projects are:
- S.K.Y. Restaurant; The Structural Group
- Paramount Theater Conversion, Forefront Structural Engineers, Inc.
- CTF Tianjin, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Wolf Point East Tower, The Walsh Group
- The Yard at Shakespeare Theater, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Manulife Place +15 Pedestrian Bridge, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Ryan/Walter Athletic Facility, Northwestern University, WSP
- Wiikiaami, Pierce Engineers
- Washington Wabash Elevated Train Station, EXP US Services, Inc.
- Salesforce Tower, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Kellogg Global Hub, Northwestern University, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Chicago’s Shakespeare Theater Movable Towers, Klein and Hoffman, Inc.
- Short Baseline Neutrino Near & Far Detector Buildings, Holabird & Root, LLC
- New Trier High School Addition, Wight & Company
- Wilson CTA Station, HNTB Corporation
- I-55 & Lake Shore Drive Interchange, AECOM
- 403 N Wabash, James McHugh Construction Co.
- St. Anthony Parkway Bridge, Parsons
SEAOI events are open to the public, and all those interested in the influence of structural engineering on our society are cordially welcome to attend.
For more information about the 2018 Annual Awards Banquet, and to RSVP for the event, please visit www.SEAOI.org/2018banquet.
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) was founded in 1965 by practicing structural engineers to advance and advocate excellence in structural engineering and to aid in safeguarding the lives and property of the public. SEAOI’s Mission is to champion excellence for its members in the practice of Structural Engineering. SEAOI contributes to the expansion of the art and science of structural engineering by offering education, outreach and networking opportunities to members and the public living and working in Illinois.