FARO Introduces CAM2 2018 3D Measurement Software Platform
Lake Mary, FL – FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, product design, and 3D machine vision applications, announces the release of the FARO CAM2 2018 software platform, specifically designed to enable users to realize the highest value and level of performance with all FARO metrology products across the automotive, aerospace, machine tools and metal fabrication industries (http://www.faro.com/cam2/sg). CAM2 2018 elevates the end user experience through a seamless integration with FARO portable coordinate measuring machine products, an advanced user interface that streamlines and simplifies most inspection activities and new reporting dashboards that facilitate short cycle, actionable intelligence.
Optimized Value of FARO Hardware
CAM2 2018 is a tightly integrated software platform for the entire FARO measurement product portfolio driven by extensive feedback from both users of previous generations of CAM2 and other third-party metrology software platforms. As such, it ensures that our customers are able to uniquely leverage the full range of FARO hardware features/functionality, now and also in the future, through updates for the most current software versions and patches. Additionally, both the software and hardware are supported by the market leading FARO customer service organization in addition to the extensive online self-help FARO® Knowledge Base (https://knowledge.faro.com/).
Improved Quality Control through Repeat Part Management
CAM2 2018 now includes Repeat Part Management (RPM) functionality for easy production implementation and minimum training. This smart tool enables a specific inspection process to be designed once and then repeated and executed by anyone on the factory floor. Accordingly, this ensures resource efficient, consistent oversight and quality control of inspection routines without the need to have highly skilled metrology professionals drive and manage the process.
Accelerated Actionable Insight
CAM2 2018 features integrated web-based dashboard reporting that delivers real time inspection results and insightful trend analysis in a user-friendly set of adaptable visual reports. The RPM Control Center information can be shared across the organization in real time and accelerate the ability to take immediate corrective action as required.
“As a full service, high accuracy, portable coordinate measuring solution provider, we can provide great value for our customers,” stated Pete Edmonds, Vice President, Factory Metrology. “To that end, we are focusing our platform development to assure that our software enables our customers to realize the full operational potential of their FARO hardware, ranging from small to large volume measurement. CAM2 2018 is a further evolution of our strategic direction to deliver tight alignment of our hardware and software portfolios.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO’s products, and FARO’s product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company’s plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as “is,” “will” and similar expressions or discussions of FARO’s plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company’s products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company’s inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016 and Form 10-Q for the quarters ended March 31, 2017 and June 30, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company’s judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
FARO is the world’s most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software for the following vertical markets:
- Factory Metrology – High-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes
- Construction BIM-CIM – 3D capture of as-built construction projects and factories to document complex structures and perform quality control, planning and preservation
- Public Safety Forensics – Capture and analysis of on-site real-world data to investigate crash, crime and fire, plan security activities and provide virtual reality training for public safety personnel
- Product Design – Capture detailed and precise 3D data from existing products permitting CAD analysis and redesign, after market design and legacy part replication
- 3D Machine Vision – 3D vision for both control and measurement to the manufacturing floor through 3D sensors and custom solutions
FARO’s global headquarters is located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser TrackerTM and FARO Cobalt Array Imager product lines. The Company’s European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia-Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and Australia.
More information is available at: www.faro.com/sg