January – February 2018 Table of Contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Beyond a Book Depository: Commack Public Library Reopens Following $8.3 Million Renovation
By Todd Danielson
- Engineered Solutions: New Tool Enables Asset Protection and Reduced Cost Through Corrosion Management
- Strategic Sustainability: Fostering environmental awareness, recycling and compliance at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
By Elizabeth Krousel and Alicia Filzen
- Are Your Construction Projects Under Control? Five Steps for Modernizing Cost and Schedule Management
By Guy Barlow
- A+ Infrastructure Begins Below the Surface
By Branden Reall, P.E., M. ASCE
- Engineered Solutions: Precast Concrete Highway Slabs Expedite Caltrans Project
- PDH: Engineered Earth Armoring Solutions: An Alternative to Rock Riprap
By Drew Loizeaux, P.E.
- From the Editor: Predicting the Present: Yesterday’s Future and Tomorrow’s Past
By Mark J. Scacco, P.E.
- Reengineering The Engineer: Reasonable Resolutions That Can Last All Year
By Douglas G. Fitzpatrick, P.E.
- THOUGHTS FROM ENGINEERS: Robot Engineers? You May Lose Your White-Collar Job to a Robot Sooner than You Think
By Chris Maeder, M.S., P.E., CFM
- Executive Corner: Five Takeaways on 2017 A/E M&A Activity
By Steve Gido
- Code Update: Exploring New Concrete Connection Developments
By Brian Gerber
- THOUGHTS FROM ENGINEERS: Leadership Resolutions for 2018
By Christine Brack, PMP
- Final Thoughts: Many Changes in Engineering, but the Main Priority Remains the Same
By Rob Schickel, P.E.