AISC Introduces New Steel Construction Manual
Have you heard? AISC’s 15th Edition Steel Construction Manual is available! This new edition of the Manual includes the 2016 Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, with improvements and revisions in the provisions for slender-element compression members, shear strength and double angle and WT flexural strength, as well as the 2016 Code of Standard Practice, which clarifies the use of models, and new and enhanced Architecturally Exposed Structural Steel (AESS) standards.
“The enhancements in the 15th Edition Manual should be a great aid in helping structural engineers design with steel,” said Larry Kruth, PE, AISC’s vice president of engineering and research.
The 15th Edition Manual represents its 15th significant update since it was first published in 1927.
Just a few of the revisions in this edition include:
- New, heavier W-shapes and larger HSS, pipes and angles.
- A new, all-in-one, “super table” that provides the available compressive, flexural, shear and tension strengths for W-shapes.
- W-shape column tables for 65- and 70-ksi steel.
- HSS design tables updated to higher strength ASTM A500 Grade C steel.
- An updated coped beam strength design procedure.
- The latest versions of AISC codes and standards.
The 15th Edition Manual is available for purchase in print for $200 for AISC members and $400 for non-members for shipping to North America. Orders may be placed online at www.aisc.org/publications or by calling 800.644.2400. Professional members and full members who wish to order more than two manuals at the member price must place their orders by telephone.