SEAOI Celebrates the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards
Chicago, IL: The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) will hold its Annual Banquet and present the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards on Saturday, June 3, 2017 at Venue SIX10 in downtown Chicago. This event is the highlight of the SEAOI activities each year. In addition to announcing the winners of the 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards and the John F. Parmer, SEAOI Service and Outstanding Young Engineer Awards, the 2017 – 2018 SEAOI officers will be introduced.
“The SEAOI Annual Banquet celebrates all parties who have contributed to the technical artistry involved in bringing these incredible projects to fruition. Structural engineers, architects, contractors and owners work together to creatively overcome site and production challenges, and we’re pleased to be able to recognize and honor their accomplishments,” said Salvatore Di Bernardo, President of SEAOI. “We have an incredible roster of finalist projects this year,” he continued, “as well as exceptional engineers receiving the SEAOI special awards, and I invite our peers and colleagues in the construction industry to join us for this inspiring event.”
The finalist projects are:
• Chicago Riverwalk, Alfred Benesch & Co
• Duke University Chapel, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
• Hancher Auditorium Replacement Facility, University of Iowa Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
• Hanking Tower (Rolansberg), Halvorson and Partners – A WSP | Parsons
• Hard Rock Stadium, Ruby+Associates, Inc.
• JTI Headquarters, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
• Kentucky Lake Bridge, Michael Baker International, Inc.
• River Point Tower, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
• The Robey + Hollander Hotel, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers
• South Air Traffic Control Tower, O’Hare International Airport, exp US Services, Inc.
• Union Station Transit Center, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
• The Viceroy, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers, Inc.
• Willis Towers Watson – Feature Stair, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
• Wrightwood Art Gallery Renovation, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
SEAOI events are open to the public, and all those interested in the influence of structural engineering on our society are cordially welcome to attend.
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) was founded in 1965 by practicing structural engineers to advance and advocate excellence in structural engineering and to aid in safeguarding the lives and property of the public. SEAOI contributes to the expansion of the art and science of structural engineering by offering education, outreach and networking opportunities to members and the public living and working in Illinois.