Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards Finalists Announced
Chicago, IL: The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) is pleased to announce the projects that have been selected as finalists in the 2017 Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards. This illustrious design competition takes place each year to recognize
excellence in structural engineering.
The projects selected are:
– Chicago Riverwalk, Alfred Benesch & Co
– Duke University Chapel, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
– Hancher Auditorium Replacement Facility, University of Iowa Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
– Hanking Tower (Rolansberg), Halvorson and Partners – A WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff Company
– Hard Rock Stadium, Ruby+Associates, Inc.
– JTI Headquarters, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
– Kentucky Lake Bridge, Michael Baker International, Inc.
– River Point Tower, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
– The Robey + Hollander Hotel, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers
– South Air Traffic Control Tower, O’Hare International Airport, exp US Services, Inc.
– Union Station Transit Center, Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
– The Viceroy, FOREFRONT Structural Engineers, Inc.
– Willis Towers Watson – Feature Stair, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
– Wrightwood Art Gallery Renovation, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
“We are incredibly pleased with the caliber and diversity of projects submitted this year,” Salvatore Di Bernardo, President of SEAOI reflected. “We’re looking forward to seeing the finalists present on their projects, and I encourage everyone with an interest in learning about excellence in structural engineering to attend.”
The finalists selected by the SEAOI Board of Directors will present their projects at the May Dinner Meeting on May 2, 2017, and the winners in each category will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet on June 3, 2017.
For more information about the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, and to register for the May Dinner Meeting to see the finalists present, please visit www.SEAOI.org.
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) was founded in 1965 by practicing structural engineers to advance and advocate excellence in structural engineering and to aid in safeguarding the lives and property of the public. SEAOI contributes to the expansion of the art and science of structural engineering by offering education, outreach and networking opportunities to members and the public living and working in Illinois